Tim Cain the underrated

Geo_Seven

I find it interesting that with Obsidion joining the Wasteland 2 team, that no one has mentioned whether or not Tim Cain will be working on it. That's actually a really big deal because he put a lot into Fallout and not only that but let's not forget that him and a lot of the other Troika Games crew put together a lot of amazing games including Vampire the Masqurade: Bloodlines which was not only the best VtM video game ever made but really a rock solid and amazing FPSRPG. It would be nice if he was at least mentioned... and even better if the guys from Obsidion would get the liscence to do another Vampire the Masquerade game and go to Kickstarter to fund it because I know I'm not the only fan out there who would gladly lay down some serious cash to bring that franchise back to the video game world. And it would be really good timing because White Wolf just revived it as a PnP for it's 20th anniverssary last year.

I find it interesting that with Obsidion joining the Wasteland 2 team, that no one has mentioned whether or not Tim Cain will be working on it. That's actually a really big deal because he put a lot into Fallout and not only that but let's not forget that him and a lot of the other Troika Games crew put together a lot of amazing games including Vampire the Masqurade: Bloodlines which was not only the best VtM video game ever made but really a rock solid and amazing FPSRPG. It would be nice if he was at least mentioned... and even better if the guys from Obsidion would get the liscence to do another Vampire the Masquerade game and go to Kickstarter to fund it because I know I'm not the only fan out there who would gladly lay down some serious cash to bring that franchise back to the video game world. And it would be really good timing because White Wolf just revived it as a PnP for it's 20th anniverssary last year.

As for the Thread title: Nobody underrates Tim Cain. Especially not Obsidian. He's well respected. In the hardcore-crpg crowd maybe the most respected.

Secondly: Actually Bloodlines was probably the Troika title Cain was least invested in. Arcanum the most. (He seems to prefer Top-Down/"Isometric" turn-based combat a lot more in general.)

Otherwise, yeah. VTM:B was a great game and I would love to see another (improved) game in the setting.

Edited by C2B

we know he won't be working on Wasteland 2

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

As for the Thread title: Nobody underrates Tim Cain. Especially not Obsidian. He's well respected. In the hardcore-crpg crowd maybe the most respected.

Secondly: Actually Bloodlines was probably the Troika title Cain was least invested in. Arcanum the most. (He seems to prefer Top-Down/"Isometric" turn-based combat a lot more in general.)

Otherwise, yeah. VTM:B was a great game and I would love to see another (improved) game in the setting.

we know he won't be working on Wasteland 2

Ah, I see. I'm just ill informed...

What IS he working on right now?

Nobody underrates Cain. he's been around for eyars and has helped make some great games and also some poor ones. definitely one of the better RPG developers out there.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

He's working on whatever Obsidian is doing. Which currently means South Park or unannounced project being pitched to publishers.

Hope he doesn't get laid off.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hope he doesn't get laid off.

Doubtful. He was on South Park in the first place and he would probably one of the least considered people to cut. Except if he wants to himself.

I wonder what he will do at Obsidian after South Park and/or if he is involved with the Kickstarter project. A project like that with a small team sounds right up his alley.

Edited by C2B

and even better if the guys from Obsidion would get the liscence to do another Vampire the Masquerade game and go to Kickstarter to fund it because I know I'm not the only fan out there who would gladly lay down some serious cash to bring that franchise back to the video game world.

It is being brought back. As an MMO. I guess somewhere around 2015.

It is being brought back. As an MMO. I guess somewhere around 2015.

Not quite the same though as a really well thought out single player campaign, but really good news none-the-less.

Edited by Geo_Seven