George Ziets leaving Obsidian (again) (Layoffs related?)

C2B

Think this deserves its own thread.

From Linkedin

Past

Lead Creative Designer at Obsidian Entertainment

Lead Writer / Quest Developer at Zenimax Online Studios

Lead Creative Designer at Obsidian Entertainment

:(

I truly think that Ziets surpassed even Avellone in some areas regarding video game writing. It's like a dream-team split apart and I really hope that Ziets lands a job in a team that caters to his talents.

(I even more hope that I'm completly wrong and he just changed positions or something like that, damnit. Though it seems unlikely as it just fits too well.)

Edited by C2B

Maybe he's now at Zenimax Online again? IIRC Chris L'Etoile is there too.

I noticed recently in the Dungeon Siege 3 forcum section that George Ziets was no longer marked as Obsidian developer, but thought it was a forum issue...

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I think "Crap" would be the best and most eloquent way to demonstrate my feelings at this moment.

That's sad, I loved your work on MotB. Besides, Obsidian always felt like the best company to allow writers to shine.

I hope your next position will permit you to make good use of your excellent writing.

• Like 1

This just goes to show you all what I have been saying for sometime now. If you trust person whose last name is shorter than their first first name, all you're going to get is heartache.

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

This just goes to show you all what I have been saying for sometime now. If you trust person whose last name is shorter than their first first name, all you're going to get is heartache.

I wish you'd told me this a couple of years ago, it would have saved me a lot of trouble.

Also, my best wishes on all future endeavours.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I think I'll actually swing by. I've always thought you were ridiculously talented in video game storytelling, you bastard! lol

You swine! Karate rap. hahaha Oh well, you got me. Still, good luck in the future, no matter where you end up. I think you worked on.... LotRO or one of the MMORPG titles. I don't know if that's where you go, but you'll undoubtedly do a good job no matter where it it is.

Edited by Cantousent

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Well, crap.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: