Interview with Danny Bilson, Executive VP Core Games at THQ

Glad to hear South Park is still on track.

It's strange that he was asked Obsidian specific questions when he's THQ, otherwise.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So it might not actually make it for 2012? It seems like Obsidian needs a released game soon.

I don't know how their deal with South Park is, but why would they need a released game. They need more work if anything.

So it might not actually make it for 2012? It seems like Obsidian needs a released game soon.

I don't know how their deal with South Park is, but why would they need a released game. They need more work if anything.

Bad choice of words.

I'd like to see them release something soon. The THQ situation isn't the most stable at the moment. I know they're not the publisher and only the distributor, but I can't help but feel pessimistic considering all the bad news we keep getting from both THQ and Obsidian.

I do however hope that they will release footage of the game soon, it certainly wouldn't hurt considering some sections of the game are complete.

The assumption being release a successful game, in order to look viable and profitable to publishers.

Fan good will for devs means nothing to publishers.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

The assumption being release a successful game, in order to look viable and profitable to publishers.

Yeah, but it needs time till it is successfull (IF it is successfull) and even more time till a publisher takes notice.

Where does Obsidian get the money from in that time frame?

They NEED projects at all times . And they need one before the South Park contract runs out.

Yeah, Obsidian don't get big windfalls after release, they get paid to work on games in progress. Ironic, really - they make games to be able to afford to make games, and if they're not making games they can't afford to make games. No such thing as a safety net.

Yeah, but it needs time till it is successfull (IF it is successfull) and even more time till a publisher takes notice.

Where does Obsidian get the money from in that time frame?

They NEED projects at all times . And they need one before the South Park contract runs out.

Never said Obs didn't need projects now, just that the sooner Obs release a commercially successful game, the sooner they'll get the bigger money deals they need.

If I were to hazard a guess, there is quite a lot riding on this South Park game.

Secret desire: Perhaps

THQ hire Obs to help finish/make the newly revised W40K sprpg.

• Like 1
cylon_basestar_eye.gif