Diablo 3 Sign-Up

Irony. I heard through the grapevine that the Beta was fully hacked and operational offline now, and that they already had a full version that could install...that's just the rumor I heard however.

If it's true though...yeah...that anti-piracy measure really was a great thing to hit your customers with. AT least Blizzard might still be able to protect it's money making scheme with the online stuff...OR NOT...the pirates hacked the Beta pretty quick once all of them had access to it, I imagine they may go equally as quickly with the Full game now that they have an idea how it works from doing the Beta if the rumors are right. If they had that easy of a time hacking it once more of them had access to see how it was working, I'm not so certain how long the Auction house and other money making stuff will be secure for Blizzard...they did throw down the guantlet to hackers (much like they did with SCII) on the entire security thing.

The irony of it all.

My boss just sent out an email saying hes taking tomorrow off. I couldnt help but wonder if hes playing D3. :lol:

Since I downloaded the game a few weeks ago I think Ill trash that and redownload the entire thing again just to be on the safe side.

You don't have to. Just specifiy the same download directory, and the downloader will update the old data there.

Edited by Morgoth

I'll hazard trying to get a physical copy, should be a store that has it around here.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You wont need a CD key since youre downloading it off your Battle.net account.

EDIT: Eh, just realized I probably have the cart before the horse. If you bought a physical copy than you probably will need a CD key since your Battle.net account doesnt yet know you own the game.

Not a huge deal. Does BNet now have an inbuilt voice chat thing?

AFAIK US servers open in about 9 hours, yeah? I'll be here in about 11-12 and ready to game.

I didnt know we would be chatting but I have Ventrilo and a headset/mic if necessary.

I wont be able to play until end of work tomorrow.

*shakes fist at all of you*

That's ok, at this rate a lot of people won't be able to play.

Asians have already defeated the final boss. I didn't stay long enough to get spoiled, but that's what I've read.