Fallout game on here, maybe?

OK. Well, very simple start. I'm going to need some fantasy characters from you. Names, and skill descriptions. System agnostic though.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Someone explain to me how I give skill descriptions that are system-agnostic? You mean, just general terms like "can't tell head of gun from arse, but can choke opponents with a shoelace"?

Yeah. You tell me, using a classic fantasy styling.

And a race etc.

Think freely. I'l tell you what works.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Trust me.

OK. Don't trust me, trust me. But do as I say.

-Elwood Blues

Uhm, I'm not sure what fantasy styling means! Anyway, I'll go ahead and try. Bear with the typos and bad grammar, it's 10:36 pm in Italy!

Jack 'Jackie' Charles

Sex and gender: Male (although it's always difficult to tell with those ghouls..)

Profession: Conman - Previously: Hobo, radio host

Race: Glowing One (ghoul) Previously: Human

Jack's a man of simple tastes and talents really, moderately good with a gun, horrible at sneaking due to to his glowing skin, and extremely good at convincing people that his latest Ponzi scheme is actually a brilliant idea. Since he's extremely old and a pre-war ghoul * he tends to be privy to knowledge of the old world most wastelanders wouldn't be, and uses it in favor of his conman activity. His most prestigious occupation back in the day was a decent radio hosting gig (his luck would turn dry later and he ended up a hobo just before the war) so he isn't actually as cultured as he'd like to appear, but he still obviously knows a lot more about pre-war America than your average wasteland scum.

If I'd have to describe it in terms of the original Fallout system, I'd say it'd be a character that tagged speech, guns and barter, with maybe a few spare points thrown in first aid and gamble. Average luck and intelligence, high charisma and perception, low agility, strength and endurance.

* I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of a pre-war ghoul but it's supported by canon. Ofc, if you think it's too unbalanced I can change that.

• Like 1

Because it was late in Italy, and everyone loves Italy, I'm going to let Jackie stand as is. Everyone else I'm talking hobbits, bloody night elves, half orcs. You name it.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to have to hammer this plot until I can fit a ghoul in.

-Elwood Blues

Hang on, yeah. So is this a Fallout setting, a fantasy setting, or something else? I'm down for whatever, but let us know what's up and I'll post my character.

Look, just run with me on this one. :)

Give me those fantasy characters to begin with.

EDIT: Except for the ghoul, who (as I say) I'm going to keep.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

Right, Raithe has agreed to be second referee. So it should work, although we're in the same time zone, which may frustrate any forn'ers.

-Elwood Blues

Okay, how about this?

Female Dark elf

aligned chaotic good

Highly intelligent, good luck, good charisma

Low strength, low endurance

Tagged Speech, Sniper guns, Repair

An outsider even among her own family, she has developed skills necessary to be self-sufficient, keep her gun in good repair, and interact with others - using charm and her ability to repair stuff to obtain ammo and other necessities.

Did I do it right?

Feel free to tell me to sit out this round. I can lurk and watch the fun, too.

Still Learning herp derp n00bity n00b

LOL at Minx. With the exception of the sniper guns that makes sense.

ONLY THE GHOUL GETS TO BE AT ALL MODERN.

Minx, I'm not clear why your dark elf is Chaotic good. Please explain.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Cool! Yeah, I should have said Ranged Weapons so it could be long bow or sniper rifle or whatever. I was thinking Fallout.

Minx, I'm not clear why your dark elf is Chaotic good. Please explain.

Um. Real reason? I read dark elves are supposed to be chaotic neutral or chaotic evil. But I feel terribly guilty when I play evil. So I thought chaotic good might work.

Will think of a story reason as to why she might have a different set of values than her peers. Maybe she was raised by humans?

Still Learning herp derp n00bity n00b

I'll post my FANTASY dude soon. I'm flying to NZ in 40 hours, but since that's a stupid timezone, work out whatever method and time that suits everyone and I'll make it.

Considering something to do with an extreme heat/sweat-phobia.

Swain Cortassio, bounty hunter at yer service. Need a man found or brought home? Give me a picture and a week and I'll drag him back from Hell if I hafta.

Got my trusty short swords and crossbow ta keep me company and of course the night. I'd drag my ma here for the right price, but I'm no psycho-fer-hire. If ye want yer mark ritualized, you better find him yerself.

Btw, will this be a 'transported from D&D to Fallout' ordeal? Not sure if want..

You scurvy rabble! Stop trying to second guess the campaign.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Alright, I'm here after 30 hours on the plane.

Giles Sprocket is a gnome of singular stature for his people; last measures have the fellow at some four and half feet, a full foot above most of his type. At age 44, he has recently completed his schooling and may be considered an adult. Like many gnomes, he is an illusionist by trade - even more skilled, and even more frail and book-bound, than most of his type. He is fairly dexterous, and remarkably intelligent, but of weak constitution, and only a passing acquaintance with the crossbow. He has a typical proficiency with gadgets of all kinds, though his main trade is in the magical arts. None of this is helped by the fellow's most unusual distaste for sunlight and fair weather; it appears he obsessively repelled by heat and sweat, to the point that he has contrived rather unfashionable, self-cooling attire for daily use. Nevertheless, he possesses a remarkable passion for adventure of all kinds, and often attempts - and fails - to overcome these flaws head-on.

(I anticipate the character to be useless in 90% of our encounters.)

So is that everybody? And when are we going to kick off? I suggest Steam chat for the convo, if you all have it. I've checked with Raithe, and he does.

-Elwood Blues