Shadowrun Returns

I want to suggest Alexander Brandon for the OST. Deep down, you all know It's the right choice!

It is. Suggest away.

So I did. Should've edit it a bit to not be a concentrated wall of text, but it's too late now. >.>

If Obsidian could just do one game in this setting, It would be the best Obsidian (and Shadowrun) game EVAR. That'e never going to happen though. If only I had trillions of dollars.

Welcome to the bandwagon. I have been saying this on this forum for YEARS. Obsidian should look into lic the SR property and making a kickass CRPG. But now the founder of SR made the plunge, so too little to late at this point. Considering the finicial position of Obsidian and how poor it currently looks you'd think they would jump on one of the best selling and well known RPG franchises after D&D and V:tM.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

They just added a new deluxe boxed edition at the $125 level

shadowrun_returns_usb_dogtag.jpg

It amazes me how I complained about $150 bucks for SW:TOR and how readily I dropped even more on this game with even less of an idea on how it's going to play

Free games updated 3/4/21

USB Dog Tag. That is the most beautiful feelie I have seen in years.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Since everyone is talking of Shadowrun recently, I tried to give a go to the SNes game, especially since they mentioned its hero in the last kickstarter video.

After one hour spent on the game, I know have one tiny question that spawned in my mind:

WHAT THE **** AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?

Seriously, that's terrible. I find matches and a paper mentioning a warehouse and a club named Wastelands (Coincidence). I get out of the morgue, some guy tell me I'm done for and run away. I follow him, he get killed, I get his gun, kill the assaillant, encounter a cryptic cyber-dog and then, nothing else to do. I'm supposed to bring him objects. What objects? Why can't I explore because everyone is trying to kill me? Why is there no warehouse nor Wastelands club anywhere? Why is there no objective? Why do I want to channel the AVGN?

I'm all for complex games but there is a line to NOT cross between complexity and vagueness. i sure hope that new game won't do that.

I am tempted. Never played Shadowrun, but if it's anything like a Bladerunner type game, I might just brandish my CC at the oblivion threatening good games and yell 'Charge!'

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I am tempted. Never played Shadowrun, but if it's anything like a Bladerunner type game, I might just brandish my CC at the oblivion threatening good games and yell 'Charge!'

Get a copy of the rule set and read. It is utterly..... insane and so fantastic at the same time. It's brilliant.

Latest goal is a new backers-only mission if they reach $1.5 millies which will tie up with the SNES and Genesis games. Backers don't seem to like the idea that they'll be the only ones to get it, though, so they might just change their mind on that.

Not surprising at all that backers are not keen on the idea. Exclusive content, day one DLC's and other such withheld or cut content is the major reason people are fed up with `Big Ass Games

Edited by Aedelric

find runs for yourself and your team (recruit some runners), there are Johnsons all over the city Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I think of them as pre-ordering the game.

Mmmh.. I'd kind of advise you not to. Granted, I think this one, and the Wasteland 2 and Double Fine ones are pretty low on the risk scale, but Kickstarter asks you to donate to fund a project and that carries an inherent risk and investment that is much higher than a normal pre-order.

Also, so far we do not know what will happen if a project fails to get developed even though it got the asked funding.

Imagine you are investing $250 into a game which will then never happen. Prepare for a) ignoring this issue in anger or b) step right into lawyer bull**** and all this ta-ta so that you maybe get your money back... or not.

With Wasteland 2, the Banner Saga, Shadowrun, etc. the risk is not so high, which is why I pledge for this without thinking much about it. But I wouldn't do this with every project just because it sounds good on paper.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It is not really investing, you do not get a return on your money. It is more like a prolonged pre-purchase where the special editions can cost 10k.

What happens if a project falls through? Lets hope we never find out. That said I am sure their is some sort of precedence somewhere already if someone had the time to look for it.

No. If the game got funded, your money is taken and if the game fails to exist after that, you will not get your money back.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I know what you guys mean, but so far I have supported Wasteland 2, The Banner Saga and Shadowrun Returns. These projects will likely not be canned. These, I think of as pre-orders. The same goes for a future Obsidian project.

There are two or three other interesting projects that I might support down the line, and I don't count them as "pre-orders".

http://shadowrun.wik...ES)/Walkthrough

Try that

Well, looks like there is no plotline at all. Thanks to you and sorophx anyway. I'll give a try to the Genesis game before I try the SNES game again.

At least, I did everything in the morgue right. If only I could explroe and find the apartment without getting shot at everytime.