Chinese Hacking

Raithe

China has hacked every major US company

So one of the prominent cybersecurity "experts" in the US is trying to raise awareness of state-sanctioned hackers in China being used to steal research and tech from US companies, then handing them over to Chinese businesses to get that competitive lead...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Wow, I'm shocked by this. Eventually, the US can start stealing back. Or be creative and let them steal defective plans and such.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wow, I'm shocked by this. Eventually, the US can start stealing back.

Old News

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

IIRC it's been long suspected that NSA took occasional looks into, say, Airbus tenders and passed that information onto Boeing. Might not be limited to China, at any rate.

(Only read Gorth's post after that, yes, it's related to Echelon).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

How many years now have we been listening to paranoia about hacking and cyber wars/terrorism.

All I've seen in the last 15 years are sites taken down and some cases of credit card theft. Sure, it might happen, but they're blowing it out of proportion just like the millenium bug.

The whole article sounds like a sales pitch for computer security companies,

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Heh, I originally started work on my thesis years ago on "Electronic Warfare as Applied in the Business Sector".... But as was rather thoroughly pointed out, the majority of corporate businesses won't mention or admit to the majority of cybercrimes they suffer so I had to drop it. Man, the wasted months of research in the first place.. Ah well.

They don't want the appearance of weakness affecting potential investors or share prices. As such, they tend to hush it up and not bother calling in law enforcement. So unless it's blatantly obvious in the first place, the only cybercrime that really gets police/media representation tends to be the basic credit card frauds, email ponzi schemes, illegal file sharing and the general assortment like that.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The internetz are the ocean as it was back in about 1720. Nations something or other.

Note to self: bedtime.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I block out Facebook by not being a completely vapid hypewad.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I block out Facebook by not being a completely vapid hypewad.

I'm not Chinese, but I added facebook to my firewall block list :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein