As expected and yet surprisingly well done

Is a sequel to DS3 completely ruled out? Has Squeenix made any statements regarding the future of the franchise?

No. Rumor (? I never managed to find an official source for that, but it seems like what floats on the internet) is that they were expecting much bigger numbers for the title (it did a very modest 820k shipped last time I checked), but it still made a profit and Obsidian is pretty desperate for a project so if Squenix thought they could turn a profit from a DSIV they'd probably go for it with Obsidian, since they did it for real cheap allegedly.

But in the end, all of that is speculation.

Didn't funcroc dig up a financial report where it was said that Square Enix expected 1,000,000+ copies sold?

I suspect that we will hear from that franchise eventually, it is still their only western RPG franchise and they seemed to have bigger plans for it at the time.

Didn't funcroc dig up a financial report where it was said that Square Enix expected 1,000,000+ copies sold?

I suspect that we will hear from that franchise eventually, it is still their only western RPG franchise and they seemed to have bigger plans for it at the time.

Mmmh.. yeah you're right, there was a LinkedIn from a Square Enix exec that expected 1M+ copies shipped (not sold).

Sqaure Enix WRP franchises: Deus Ex, Thief, Anachronox, and I bet that if they did a game in the Legacy of Kain universe, it would have RPG elements.

Downloaded the DLC tonight and began my play through with Katarina. I'm surprisingly pleased with how good she is with her guns. She can't seem to take much damage, but a lot of hit and run attacks seem to work wonders with her due to her range with those weapons.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

They had, but the guy who was responsible for getting the franchise, getting the title developed and that kept close ties with Obsidian during the cycle left, so who knows.

The toughest fight in the game should be the gargoyle fight in the DLC temple area. Did anyone have trouble with him?

I'm probably not the best person to answer this because I play on the lowest difficulty setting, but that was an easy fight. I had more trouble with the "endboss".

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...