Dragon's Dogma - Open World RPG (360/PS3)

Llyranor

So there's this game called Dragon's Dogma being developed by Capcom and coming out soon. It's a singleplayer open-world RPG.

I can't say I cared about it at all before, but these videos have put me somewhat on the fence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrCiV4LOYk4

Seems kind of like an open-world Demon's Souls/Dark Souls or something. Since there's a few console peasants at Obs, this should be of interest (I just wish it had co-op! Bah)

Capcom does do quality PC ports, so who knows.

• Like 1

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Reminds me of Gothic. Guessing that will be my next Xbox 360 purchase. Last was Dark Souls.. which I've played maybe 5 times.

I don't know why the narrator of the video kept going on about how the game doesn't look amazing but don't be fooled by the rough appearance. Wtf? I think it looks great!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Mmmh.. on one hand the combat looks like an amazingly well put together action system, the game looks really nice for an open world title with no loading screens (I think? The footage I saw on GameSpot had no loading screens to enter a building but it might have just been that preview build, or it might be limited to some minor building), on the other hand I have a couple of doubts:

1) From what I've seen so far the character progression doesn't seem super-deep.. but since they haven't talked about it in detail I'm not sure how it works besides the very broad strokes details;

2) the graphical style looks a bit.. bland? And they have only shown very same-y environments so far.. I hope there is more.

I had a third but I forgot!

You can grab boars and throw them away though, so this is a very real contender for my Game of the Year.

Plays a little like a less clunky White Knight Story. The idea of sending your pawns to other worlds for training and to gather clues is quite interesting. Biggest downside right now. It's CAPCOM !

There are lot's of vids on youtube from where they showed it off in Tokyo. Throwing things and pinning them against walls with arrows is kind of amusing and the character classes do appear to have some decent variation in how they fight. Mage was a bit iffy , but starting mages are generally a bit off till they come up to speed.

Operation Racoon City was a big let down so I'll need to see some estimates before I commit. Likely I'll rent it because Capcom is about on par with Bioware right now with regards to buying unseen.

They should have made a game based on Berserk and it would've totally blown away that overrated turd Twitcher 2. This looks as bland and generic as Kingdoms of Amalur, and the art style is even less to my liking.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Might get it if it comes out for pc and isn't a horrible port. Enjoying open world games a lot more now. I had a blast with Skyrim. The sharing of npcs sounds pretty interesting though it might seem weird if your followers already know this this quest from a parallel dimension.

They should have made a game based on Berserk and it would've totally blown away that overrated turd Twitcher 2. This looks as bland and generic as Kingdoms of Amalur, and the art style is even less to my liking.

DA:O Has the sex, DA2 has the huge sword and gore. Enjoy!

this game looks awesome, i was totally ignoring it for a while, but have been paying more attention lately. it looks like a bit of a mix between dark souls and a western open world rpg.

i love dark souls.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'm getting kind of excited for this game too. But it doesn't come out until May. That's feels like a harsh wait right about now. I keep hoping for something to come out in the next week or two.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."