Mass Effect 3

Gorth

Really pissed that you HAVE to play multi-player in order to get the 8000 war assets for the "best" earth ending stuff. Thanks BioWare.

... The last I heard you needed 4000 or 5000 for the best, so you have either new or wrong info.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Really pissed that you HAVE to play multi-player in order to get the 8000 war assets for the "best" earth ending stuff. Thanks BioWare.

... The last I heard you needed 4000 or 5000 for the best, so you have either new or wrong info.

You need 8000 Total Military Strength, which equals 4000 Effective Military Strength for Earth to not take as much damage. Even importing a save from ME/ME2 and searching all planets and systems and getting all the Citadel assets, I am only at 7169 Total Military Strength. Granted A few decisions at the Specter Terminal do effect Total Military Strength, but that's only around 8 or 9 points less.

"Nothing was more heartbreaking than the moment when Dragon Age 2, which was not yet in alpha status, was shipped out the door"

Hmmmm.....

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Okay, random question, they say that the amount of minerals and such you had in ME2 has varying amounts of War Assets.

I've only seen them provide 25 War Assets, what sort of amounts do you need to get the 100 War Assets the ME Wiki says you can get??

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Lol at the "leak".

You mean the last Reaper isn't going to be called "murmur"? :)

I talked with Ray Muzyka just now. He told me the last Reaper is called "Fonz" and will play the Happy Days theme every time he appears. Take it with a grain of salt though, he laughed after saying that and I woke up pretty sweaty.

Given the weird names for their roles, the last one will be called 'Protos'

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

*grumbles something about a liara-shepard baby having been entirely possible and having an effect on the game where you pick between your kid and lover, and members of your crew*

No way, Shepard ain't no chump. An asari baby is a fool's choice. Okay, guys, let's compare two options: adopting a human child, or having an asari baby with Liara.

Human Child:

Pros:

- won't take a century to reach adulthood, and in fact will probably be capable of supporting you before they've lived half a century.

- might be a boy

- allows you to avoid the "whine and crap" phase of a baby's life if you adopt later.

- will probably not ever be a one hundred year old virgin

- when they become an adult, they will probably not run out and start stripping their way across the galaxy, shaming the Shepard family name

Cons:

- won't be your biological child

Asari Baby:

Pros:

- if you don't think about it at all, you can pretend like it's your biological child.

Cons:

- it isn't.

Edited by Cycloneman
I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

After the exclusive conversation I think she still ends up pointing a gun at you, so that didn't strike me as a perfect relationship.

Man, you've only had dull relationships then.

Suddenly, when talking about relationships where someone is pointing guns and maybe even shooting the other person and calling anything else dull...makes me certainly glad I've only had "dull" relationships.

If you don't end up with a new scar during the first date, then how can you be sure you ever left home?

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If that Shepard is not really Shepard and "Mass Shift" part takes place, then that's even worse than the mysterious ending they have now. Seriously, who writes this stuff? Did they run out of ideas and just ask one of their children to come up with an idea for a cool story?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It's just a 4chan fan idea.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If that Shepard is not really Shepard and "Mass Shift" part takes place, then that's even worse than the mysterious ending they have now. Seriously, who writes this stuff? Did they run out of ideas and just ask one of their children to come up with an idea for a cool story?

That leaker says too much. If he's real...it's a good thing he's gone already...or he'd be canned. Wonder what legal options there are for suing his arse.

If he's fake, then it will be known VERY quickly...well at least within a month.

However, I'd get the DLC. In a moment. It does clarify somewhat and give closure. It also means BW didn't ship a full game with a true ending.

Doubt I'd get the next ME game based simply on that...unless it got STELLAR RAVE FAN reviews. Forget the pro reviews...they do nothing for me.

Perhaps that's why they may not call it Mass Effect #

Edited by greylord

That leaker says too much. If he's real...it's a good thing he's gone already...or he'd be canned. Wonder what legal options there are for suing his arse.

If he's fake, then it will be known VERY quickly...well at least within a month.

However, I'd get the DLC. In a moment. It does clarify somewhat and give closure. It also means BW didn't ship a full game with a true ending.

Doubt I'd get the next ME game based simply on that...unless it got STELLAR RAVE FAN reviews. Forget the pro reviews...they do nothing for me.

More closure for ME3, sure. Though I still think it's ridiculous they have to attempt to be "creative" with Shepard instead of simply either killing him or letting him live.

My bigger issue is with the Mass Shift portion. Are they that unoriginal that they have to come up with a very, very lame way to allow the player to play as Shepard ... without playing with "Commander Shepard"?

High probability it's just a fake rumor. But on the off chance it's not, yeeesh.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

More closure for ME3, sure. Though I still think it's ridiculous they have to attempt to be "creative" with Shepard instead of simply either killing him or letting him live.

My bigger issue is with the Mass Shift portion. Are they that unoriginal that they have to come up with a very, very lame way to allow the player to play as Shepard ... without playing with "Commander Shepard"?

High probability it's just a fake rumor. But on the off chance it's not, yeeesh.

Especially since the easiest way of getting rid of Shepard no matter what happens is to forward 50 years or something.

Frankly, it's not "murmur" that makes this fake to me, but the fact that it would suggest that Bioware actually considered that everybody would be stuck in Sol and that it might lead to some... ahyes.gifreapercussionsahyes.gif.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Heh, IGN on "Bioware's decision to rework the ending"

http://uk.ign.com/vi...erous-precedent?

"We asked around for someone here at IGN to support the decision from Bioware and talk about it in a positive light, but no-one here could"

Colin and his "I played the game to review it before everyone else, and I understood the ending, I got it.."

Geez, it's not like it's hard to understand the ending. It's just a really good ending..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Ah, the 'entitlement' buzzword. But still, it's IGN so who cares ? :)