Good old Games

Gorth

I don't see anything wrong with the promotion, and I definitely see the correlation between the promo theme and titles offered.  :p

In the end, it's an attention grab, one that I have no problems with.  Plus, they're giving out some free games to some folks.

/shrugs

Yeah, sure. Neither do I, personally. People need to be able to laugh at **** like that. It's just that that sort of attention stunt (picking sides and pointing fingers in a matter like that) is sure to always piss in someones face - which, I'm certain, they wouldn't really want to do. But meh.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

thanksobama@gog.com

Well, I sure didn't expect the GOG people to be republicans.

They also have "Finally, for reasons entirely unrelated to who may or may not have been involved in shutting down the US Government, we also appear to have Redneck Rampage on sale 50% off. " So I guess they're just taking a jab at everyone.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's just that that sort of attention stunt (picking sides and pointing fingers in a matter like that) is sure to always piss in someones face - which, I'm certain, they wouldn't really want to do.

"Hey Guys! Totally shutting the site down! Better get downloading the games as we shut down GOG beta! It's been a great run but we have to move on!"

OK, so anyone with a bit of reading comprehension and sense knew what was actually happening, but some people got really upset.

I like GOG, but they're pretty :trollface: with some of their promotions and PR and always have been.

Buy any game on GOG over the next week and you'll recieve the first Witcher game for free.

Sorry Drudanae.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

First Witcher is a very good game, but I already own it and furthermore I do not peruse GoG.

Why in the hell would you not peruse GOG? 

Yeah, why would any gamer not want to use GOG?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You have taste sir.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Never played The Witcher. I just may end up taking this deal. Deciding between Jade Empire and King of Dragon Pass. Already own both games for Xbox and iPad respectively though...

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Never played The Witcher. I just may end up taking this deal. Deciding between Jade Empire and King of Dragon Pass. Already own both games for Xbox and iPad respectively though...

OMG !!! You have never played the Witcher ???

Okay you need to rectify that and soon. I was under the impression that in the Terms and Conditions of this website you had to have played Witcher in order to join as a member, but I may have misunderstood something :ermm:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Why in the hell would you not peruse GOG? 

Either I already own the games they're selling or I already picked up the abandonware they're selling from Abandonia years ago.

I was under the impression that in the Terms and Conditions of this website you had to have played Witcher in order to join as a member, but I may have misunderstood something :ermm:

Ha ha.

Edited by Drudanae

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Okay you need to rectify that and soon. I was under the impression that in the Terms and Conditions of this website you had to have played Witcher in order to join as a member, but I may have misunderstood something :ermm:

I was grandfathered in!

I remember when The Witcher was first announced - a little bit after KotOR 2 and Dragon Age announcements. What immediately put me off back then was that it was using the Aurora Engine.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I can't play Witcher. I've tried. I get annoyed by the awful UI and combat and general camera, movement and everything. It even seems to acknowledge it in the beginning when it asks what controls you want to use. It couldn't decide which was more awful.

EDIT: I haven't tried Witcher 2, because I've always felt I should play the first one first, but that is impossible. Tried to do it 6 times and every time I quit when you get to the village part. I just can't be bothered to turn it on again.

Edited by Lord of Lost Socks
  • Like 1

My thoughts on how character powers and urgency could be implemented:

http://forums.obsidi...nse-of-urgency/

I remember when The Witcher was first announced - a little bit after KotOR 2 and Dragon Age announcements. What immediately put me off back then was that it was using the Aurora Engine.

It's pretty amazing what CDPR managed to squeeze out of the Aurora Engine.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's pretty amazing what CDPR managed to squeeze out of the Aurora Engine.

More like a miracle. Parts of the game are stunning to look at.

Just picked up B-17 Flying Fortress and Free Space 2. They are getting quite the selection of indies lately. My bank account hates GoG.

Just picked up B-17 Flying Fortress and Free Space 2. They are getting quite the selection of indies lately. My bank account hates GoG.

Since you bought only FS2 and not the first one, I assume you are aware of the source code project?

Been watching Babylon 5 again, so there's about 350% chance of me re-installing FreeSpace with all the bells and whistles of SCP in the near future.

You have taste sir.

Thanks for the kind wordslsOpDes.gif

(just added Ultima Underworld 1 & 2 :no: )

I had the hankering to play those ones a bit back. I was surprised when I found out that I didn't have the second one. I thought I bought the Underworld 1/2 CD around the same time as when I bought the Ultima collection.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I noticed that GoG finally has Deeper Dungeons/DK Gold ... I'm sorely tempted to have a copy that easily works on Win7. I think it doesn't come with the editor tho, but maybe my self-made levels made via my original disc would still work with it or something.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I can't play Witcher. I've tried. I get annoyed by the awful UI and combat and general camera, movement and everything. It even seems to acknowledge it in the beginning when it asks what controls you want to use. It couldn't decide which was more awful.

EDIT: I haven't tried Witcher 2, because I've always felt I should play the first one first, but that is impossible. Tried to do it 6 times and every time I quit when you get to the village part. I just can't be bothered to turn it on again.

I sympathise. The thing is that combat in The Witcher (as in Space Marine) is not like chess, it's like music. You have to know what rhythm to go for, how to sustain it, and how to improvise.

It's worth persevering. Once mastered it's much more fun.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Not yet, but I know what I'm going to be playing pretty soon (as in, when I get home from work today)...

Carmageddon 2 Carpocalypse Now

"The world's first high-speed internal organ liberation simulator is back in full 3D! The slaughter is bloodier, the body parts fly further, and the destruction is heavier. Crash and burn through the 3D rendered crowds with the pedal to the metal. Destroy your opponents every which way possible, the more creative the destruction, the better the rewards. No rules, no compromise, NO MERCY!"

Yeah, quoting myself from another thread. Just classy ;)

Just a heads up, that while shopping for this one, I noticed that the 'Syndicate' game I bought a while ago now *includes* American Revolt. I could have sworn it wasn't part of the deal when I originally bought the game (which is now called 'Syndicate Plus').

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

They did for all the Bullfrog games a few weeks ago, so Dungeon Keeper, Magic Carpet and Populous also got their expansions. They've also added other EA-owned expansions over the past couple years, which I was not also aware of, such as Privateer and Wing Commander, not sure if Strike Commander's was there from the start.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G