Good old Games

Gorth

The Colonization screenshots have possible hidden hints for upcoming releases like: System Shock 2, Diablo, Wasteland and Loom (there's also Privateer, but that is already in the catalogue; and Pirates, but I'm not sure if that's a hint towards Sid Meier's Pirates or not).

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

The Colonization screenshots

General Vincent van GOG... 8)

At least it looks like they test the games. I have to have the TR I+II+III package. Just for the ability to run it on my current PC.

Edit: Carmageddon Max Pack Eek!!! :aiee:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Ultimas and Wing Commanders for $3? Yes please. I think I'll hang off getting Privateer and the earlier WCs until their expansions arrive though since I've still got their CDs somewhere.

And I'll soon have expunged the stain of never having played a mainline Ultima.

Only ones in the list I don't already have on my account are WC4 and U8 - and I have multiple boxed copies of both. Will buy them anyway though, beats having to user-mod WC4 for the DVD quality movie version and U8, well why not.

The expansion thing is a bit weird though: LOAF on wcnews.com claims to have contacted both EA and GOG: "EA tells me there's no problem with GOG including the mission disks. GOG tells me EA won't give them permission. I have literally yelled myself hoarse at these people. (And maybe it's telling that GOG apparently doesn't realize they're already selling Privateer and Wing Commander 2 with the speech packs?)"

Sounds like there's a communication breakdown somewhere there.

EDIT: Back in the 90s, WC1-3 were rereleased in a compendium called The Kilrathi Saga. It didn't come with the expansions, but they were available to download free from EA's FTP. I remember grabbing them through dialup. I have heard some people have had success adding it to the GoG version.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I'm thinking of getting BG2 on GoG then I'll never have to worry about where my discs are ever again.

Is the GoG version patched to the last one so it's good to go mod-wise?

Don't fancy waiting for the new improved BG2 that they're working on?

I thought that was BG1?

sonsofgygax.JPG

I'm thinking of getting BG2 on GoG then I'll never have to worry about where my discs are ever again.

Is the GoG version patched to the last one so it's good to go mod-wise?

Don't fancy waiting for the new improved BG2 that they're working on?

I thought that was BG1?

Yeah but they've said they will start working on BG2 if BG1 sells enough...which I'm sure it will.

• 3 weeks later...

GoG released both Worlds of Ultima, Savage Empire and Martian Dreams, today for free. They're great games and would be worth paying for, if it were neccesary.

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

I never played those. But since getting into Ultima 7 has proven almost impossible for me, I don't have high hopes for these two.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The Battle of the Games continues. Today the Last Express is only $2.40, and it looks like Jagged Alliance 2 will win tomorrow, putting it at $4. I already have JA2, but I picked up Myst for $2.40 before and I'll probably pick up the Last Express too. Gogogo!

• 2 months later...

http://www.gog.com/n...a_game_for_free

Get Realms of Arkania 1+2 if you do a survey.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.gog.com/n...a_game_for_free

Get Realms of Arkania 1+2 if you do a survey.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Startopia is now on GoG. Made by ex Bullfrog (Dungeon Keeper, Theme Hospital) employees in Mucky Foot its the best (and only that I know of) space station sim ever made. Good humor, excellent visuals, deep design, really - what's not to like?

I urge anyone with any interest in sci fi and sim games to try it, its one of my favorite games of all time even with its flaws.

Have that in my game-library for years, bought it in a shop once for 1 euro.

It's good? Maybe I should try it one day (have a major backlog though)...

Aaaaand, as for news, all kinds of RPG's are on sale!

Kinda doubt most of us here don't already have the most important ones, but for those who don't;

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/hasbro_stacking_promo?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=game_subject&utm_campaign=hasbro_stacking_promo

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Startopia is unique. It has its share of problems, but its really the sim I played the most of all (although I'm not exactly a sim nut). Its good in the same way Dungeon Keeper is good. Its a better sim than DK but the mechanisms of conflict are worse.

You guys managed to make me curious. Bought Startopia and King of Dragon Pass.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Got Startopia, Gangsters and the D&D games. Doubt I'll play any of the latter, though, heh. I guess I'll jump into Startopia first.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Has anyone given Inquisitor a go? It's interesting looking but I'd rather hear some reviews before buying.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/59871-what-are-you-playing-now/page__st__160#entry1188965