Good old Games

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Well, I still got 20 or so games on my wish list.

I wonder if they ever considered expanding into pre-PC gaming and offer games for emulators...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That is one of the 20. Will end up in my basket next time I go on a shopping spree there.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

My top wish is the same - that hopefully the WC4 delay is due to trying to get the rights to the Creative-bundle-exclusive DVD edition with non-interlaced video. I'd also take the Prophecy DVD edition if it was offered of course, though a bit tired of the space squid/bug theme at the moment....

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

So, what's up with the schizophrenic poster ? :p

I should get Anachronix, think I lost my copy somewhere, fun game. I remember almost failing at it due to not levelling up my robot buddy, barely won by spamming repair at the fight which you just have him. Wasn't too keen on the combat, myself.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Llyranor and Nick keep on delivering the goods.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

They're launching new games today. http://www.gog.com/news/bigger_fresher_newer_see_whats_new_on_gogcom

Whispered World, Trine, pre-order for Legend of Grimrock. Coming up they'll have Spacechem, Machinarium, and Darwinia, too.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I think they changed their name officially to GoG, didn't they? No more Good Old Games.

Whispered World, Trine, pre-order for Legend of Grimrock. Coming up they'll have Spacechem, Machinarium, and Darwinia, too.

Hm. Legend of Grimrock looks interesting, based on some videos. I might get a little bored of never-ending dungeon after a while but it reminds me of some old games, only with better graphics. Could be happy weekend fun.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Guest Slinky

Has anyone played Legend of Grimrock?

Probably not, since it's release date is april 11th.

I think I'm going to get it, even though I never played dungeon master or the likes. Looks like atmospheric game and the price doesn't make my economy go Greece.

I think there was one old school type dungeon romp released recently and I mixed them up. That one was more humorous in tone.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I think there was one old school type dungeon romp released recently and I mixed them up. That one was more humorous in tone.

Frayed Knights maybe? There's a demo available. I haven't gotten to the full game yet but the demo was pretty good in its core gameplay, not the deepest dungeon crawler ever but it felt pretty well thought out and had a couple of interesting mechanics like lockpicking and the drama stars. The writing felt a bit unfunny to me though,the production values are what you expect from a 1-man team that's not an artist and had to go with models available from the internet for the most part, and the UI is.. well, yeah.

Ignore what I said if that's not the game you were referring to.

That's it I think.

Grimrock looks good, I think I'll check it out. The node movement is a bit weird but I'm all for exploring a real amospheric dungeon after 10 years of linear tunnels and other generic crap (Oblivion, Dragon Age etc...).

I hope they make it somewhat difficult too.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

If this is anything like Eye of the Beholder, all it takes to win is move left/right after attacking, then move back and attack, etc. The good old side step tactic that elegantly bypassed the horrors of real-time combat.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Yeah, I preordered Grimrock on GoG.. and then I realized that I have bought a bunch of games there but I have never actually downloaded them! I think this will be the first game I will download and play from GoG. Oops.

I really should try Ultima VII one of these days too (apparently I already bought it).. I played it a loooong time ago, but could never get into it back then.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yeah, I preordered Grimrock on GoG.. and then I realized that I have bought a bunch of games there but I have never actually downloaded them! I think this will be the first game I will download and play from GoG. Oops.

I really should try Ultima VII one of these days too (apparently I already bought it).. I played it a loooong time ago, but could never get into it back then.

Same. But I don't mind. There is plenty of time in the world.

My top wish is the same - that hopefully the WC4 delay is due to trying to get the rights to the Creative-bundle-exclusive DVD edition with non-interlaced video. I'd also take the Prophecy DVD edition if it was offered of course, though a bit tired of the space squid/bug theme at the moment....

Wish fulfilled, yay!

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Fallout free on GOG for 48 hours. Woo.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra