What are you playing now?

Finally popped in KoA Reckoning. Bought it on release day, but with Skyrim and Mass Effect 3 to go through, I haven't gotten around to starting a game yet.

Not too bad. First impression early on is similar to Fable.

i found it very Fable like as well (maybe with a bit of Sacred 2 as well). Only I don't really like Fable (or for that matter Sacred 2). I put KoA:R aside to work on the FO:NV expansions (which I in turn put aside to play ME3).

Seems like a well enough made game, but I'm not sure I'm going to ever go back to it...

The quests are a bit more fleshed out (I'm being generous) than Fable. Also, I personally think the combat is a lot more fun than Fable's.

I'm almost Level 7, and haven't really gotten far in the game -- at least I don't think I have. I usually base this on how many achievements I've unlocked, since a lot of the "main quests" tend to earn you some. And I've only gotten like 5 out of 61 achievements.

It won't go down as one of my favorite games, but I think it's interesting enough to at least finish it once.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

still picking slowly away at ME3, this game is about as exciting as watching paint dry. a huge let down (so far) after the excellent ME2

Yeah. I'm just about to uninstall it (and Origin). Might play another game of ME2 some day though. For now, it's jumping a bit back and forth between 'Gratuitous Space Battles' and 'Worms' (the original). Not too much time to set aside for "indepth" game atm. Will probably pick up my game of Skyrim again over Easter (made it out of the tutorial and followed a river into a hamlet/village thing).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've been playing Treasure Adventure Game lately, after reading about it on Rock, Paper, Shotgun. It feels almost like a side-scrolling Zelda. Lots of exploration, lots of platforming and a few difficult boss battles. It's actually a lot of fun. Makes me wonder why they decided to release it for free. I could easily have spent a few dollars on this game.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Fired up DX:HR for the first time after buying it in Octoberish last year, thereby paying twice what I would have for it had I purchased it today ...but if I had purchased it today I would probably end up not playing it until the end of the year, so eh, whatever.

Anyway, it's the kind of game I really want to like but get some amount of shove back because I'm so terrible at it. Shooting? I can't aim to save my life. Sneaking? I have bugger-all situational awareness and sense of timing. Hacking? Deer in the headlights. At least I finally found out the cover button could be made a toggle instead of press-and-hold - my middle finger is still sore from not discovering that function for almost an hour.

But yeah, it's the first genuine first person shooter I've played in literally a decade - NOLF2 being the previous one - and I'm reminded why. Other games I've been able to adapt by almost exclusive use of the third-party camera - think Bloodlines or any Gamebryo engine game - but now I just have to try to adapt and I'm struggling.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

taking a break from ME3, the game is just awful so far. re-playing vagrant story, this game is so good, they really don't make em like they used to...

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

taking a break from ME3, the game is just awful so far. re-playing vagrant story, this game is so good, they really don't make em like they used to...

I played that around 11-10 years ago I think. Something didn't quite click with me when I played it. I think I was an FMV fan with my RPGs back then, and if I recall everything in Vagrant story is in game cutscenes.

I am slowly winding my way through Legend of Dragoon whilst playing the ME series over though...so another one of the PS1 games.

Myst IV. Why did they add #$^&!*@ timed puzzles.

Burn in hell.

They did it to screw with you.

Did they suceed?

I rage quitted. Twice. So I guess they did.

Then I finally figured it out. WORST PUZZLE EVAR (The chair in spire with the vibrating crystals).

TF2 :biggrin:

I know I'm playing too much of it because I can often hit a Scout with Pyro's flare. Twice.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I should get back to playing TF2 or DOD. Playing Tribes Ascend at the moment for my MP-FPS fix.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I wished they'd followed up on Vagrant's Story at the time (but its been so long since I played it, I only have the vaguest memories of it anymore).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

im positive that if square-enix were to make a vagrant story 2 today it would be a complete failure. that company doesn't know how to make video games anymore. vagrant story was made in a different era

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I pretty much haven't liked Square-Enix's resurrection/sequels to titles of recent years. I hated the sequels to Final Fantasy Tactics and Valkyrie Profile, two PS1 favorites, so wouldn't expect to like a Vagrant Story 2 (and wasn't VS done by Yasumi Matsuno whose no longer at Square-Enix so any sequel would be devoid of his input?)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Vagrant Story was a rather odd offering in Square's oeuvre to begin with, so yeah, pretty hard to replicate. Square really died with FFIX and the Playstation for me, that's the last time they were able to combine new technology and trends with the solid foundations of their old games.

• Like 1

Vagrant Story was a rather odd offering in Square's oeuvre to begin with, so yeah, pretty hard to replicate. Square really died with FFIX and the Playstation for me, that's the last time they were able to combine new technology and trends with the solid foundations of their old games.

Square hasn't rung many bells on the FF front recently. I didn't get FF XIII-2, the FIRST FF EVER that I did not get. I didn't even consider getting it that much...I tried the demo and shrugged and decided...not for me.

FFX and FFXII were redeemable to a degree...XIII to me simply stunk.

I believe SE put out DX:HR though, so they aren't totally lost. Nier was unique, and it's combat wasn't that great, but it had some interesting ideas and much more "ART" then anything Bioware dreams is art.

The problem is SE seems to want to go completely into Action RPGs and Action games these days rather than turnbased games that they were famed for.

Atlus in many ways is slowly seeming to take the spot SE had years ago.

I liked Nier - I think it may be the last Square-Enix game I really liked (I just wish the combat had been better). But it had an interesting setting and characters and really tried, i think.

Atlus' SMT games are always must buys for me and have been for years; but I also like a lot of the non-Atlus games they choose for localization as well.

Edited by Amentep

NIER was developed by Cavia and published by Square Enix. Cavia is now a dead studio. :(

I have liked a lot of Square Enix titles, but they have released a lot of trash. A lot of it can be blamed on ineffective structure within the studio. When FFXIII was announced, they only had the trailer and nothing more. That's absurd. They also hired a lot of people to work on assets before they had decided on how the game was going to look, and other stuff like that. A lot that was worked on was simply "thrown away".

Currently, my most anticipated S-E game is a game for Nintendo 3DS. The title is ridicilous, but the game looks beautiful.

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

A6kyj.jpg

bd3.jpg

bd12.jpg

bd14.jpg

bd15.jpg

Great art direction, turn based battles and a job system a la Final Fantasy V.

SE-published games on the DS line have looked the most appealing, though I obviously haven't been able to play them. They really need a new FF Tactics...

SE-published games on the DS line have looked the most appealing, though I obviously haven't been able to play them. They really need a new FF Tactics...

It still boggles my mind that there hasn't been a FF Tactics sequel. I did enjoy FF Tactics Advance and I'm currently playing Tactics Advance 2 (230 missions cleared), but a "real" sequel has always been a no brainer to me. But now that Matsuno is no longer at S-E, I don't know who could step up. Well, there is one person, but he's currently tasked to work on an iOS game.

I know it might sound silly, but I feel Obsidian would be perfect for FFT2. The Tactics spinoffs don't need amazing graphics, it's all in the design. We know Obsidian can do good story and dialogue, and they would probably not have a problem doing a turn based battle system, (with the supervision of some S-E employees). I say Obsidian because a S-E developed FFT" would probably be a mess.

I could really use a new castle-building sim. But I don't think one exists....I don't count Stronghold3. Or Minecraft.

Anyone try Tropico4? The 1st one was fairly decent, haven't played the others.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts