What are you playing now?

Binary Domain. I've blasted through to chapter 4 yesterday and had a lot of fun. Too bad MP is mostly dead and getting platinum will be next to impossible. And i really don't get the reviews for this game. It's like they played a completely different game.

Reviewers are brainless morons, didn't notice that yet?

• Like 1

Finishing up Tribes Ascend.

I really want to like the game but the sheer amount of technical issues I keep troubleshooting makes me feel like I should be getting payed for this.

Since population keeps falling I imagine I'll just finish class unlocks before the game dies.

With the disappointment of Risen 2 moved up to Skyrim.

So far it's predictable ES game although I just don't get the point of perk system.

From what I see it's even more broken that the stats that got removed with some perks changing the whole dynamic of combat.

Continuing playing the Alpha of Endless Space, easily the best 4x space game since Galactic Civ.

The game plays like a traditional 4x space game, each star represents a system(which can have up to 6 planets/asteroids), multiple types of planets(Arid/Volcanic/Tundra/Jungle/Desert/Terran/Gas Giants/Ocean/Desert/Barren), planets can have anomalies from ancient cites to psychotropic atmosphere. Planets can also have resources, some of which are required for advanced tech, and finally they can have moons, which can add bonuses to the system.

Unlike other 4X games, you don't build facilities on each planet, rather you select what the planet specializes in(production/food/money/research) and build system improvements. The tech tree is fairly large with 4 different trees(War/exploration/industry/economy). The ship design is cosmetically limited, you just pick a hull type, then deck it out with weapon systems(missile/kinetic/laser), defense(Shields/deflector/missile defence) and finally support systems(engines/armor/power etc). Diplomacy seems pretty standard, honestly haven't explored this part too much. Then there is the Heroes, these guys can either be admirals or governors, as they level up you choose traits that increase their attributes or perks that add different bonuses.

The combat system plays differently then what you expect. Rather then being strategy, it plays out as three phases; Long range(missiles), Medium(lasers) and finally close range(kinetic). Before each phase you have a chance to play a card, which can increase defense/offense/repair etc, and the AI plays one to. I believe it plays as a rock/papers scissors, but I'm not a 100% sure. Generally from what I've seen, the player with the biggest guns wins. The view itself reminds me of watching a Battlestar Galactica episode with cinematic presentation of the battle. I like it, but the angles get repetitive quickly and you can't take control of the camera.

Graphically, this games is very good, I'll post some screens in the photo thread for you to see. The UI is very easy to navigate and lays out the important information pretty well.

The game itself is still in the alpha phase, but it seems pretty stable, I've yet to had a crash. But there is still some things missing that cause annoyance for me. No starbases of system defenses so you have to keep your fleets stationed in your systems. No carriers, which for me is a disappointment. The AI could use some work, they invaded one of my systems while they were outnumbered and technically inferior, they also seemed to be a bit slow to expand.

All things said, this game is very good already, if they improve on the game towards full release, it will be the best 4X since MOO.

• Like 1
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Had an afternoon splurge of TOR. Got my Smuggler to Corellia, and landed my Jedi Knight on Alderaan.. missed running some flashpoints with guildbuddies, but juggled some stuff around between characters..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Dabbling in CK2, but after 200 years the Count of Artois **** Duke of Flanders **** King of Leon, Castille and Andalusia is already so big as to defy any threat, and the High authority HRE is really getting on my nerves. There's a mod on the Codex that hard-locks HRE authority down, so I might try that and start a new game, or something. Map painting is not as fun in CK2 because of the simplified combat - the real fun's at when you're really needing to intrigue and swear fealty elsewhere to survive.

Started on my second play through of the Witcher 2. Seriously, this might be a reflection of how crappy the stories have been in the majority of the recent RPGs I've played, but I'm really digging the Witcher 2 story.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

SWTOR- Just landed on Nar Shaddaa (levels 20-24) with my Chiss Jedi Guardian (level 25 almost 26). Still having an issue with being way over-level for everything because I don't like to skip content. I don't even know what to skip since it's all so linear and I rarely PVP or do flashpoints... all non class quests maybe.

Free games updated 3/4/21

SWTOR- Just landed on Nar Shaddaa (levels 20-24) with my Chiss Jedi Guardian (level 25 almost 26). Still having an issue with being way over-level for everything because I don't like to skip content. I don't even know what to skip since it's all so linear and I rarely PVP or do flashpoints... all non class quests maybe.

Hmm, I don't really skip content, but I rarely get to do the group quests. Are you repeating quests? Doing any space missions? I find I'm right about where I am supposed to be level wise, in fact I typically need to do the bonus series.

That's usual, I found I was over level even without the bonus series on some worlds.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've been doing the bonus series and I only do heroics if I can solo them and I've never repeated any of them. I do a little PVP and a few space missions now and again but I've been careful to not linger on the ship or in cantinas so I don't get any rested XP.

I know it's a silly thing to complain about but it makes the game even easier and I start to lose interest

Free games updated 3/4/21

I know it's a silly thing to complain about but it makes the game even easier and I start to lose interest

Not really that silly, facerolling through everything isn't fun. Although there's all that empty scenery to gawk at along the way.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm almost always underlevelled but that's probably because I stealth through most content and kill close to the minimum number of mobs for a given quest, that's with no group content at all but with the bonus series and supplementing with space battle xp if I'm near a level threshold. Even then I've had to quit some yellow quests and come back later just because I'm not able to beat some elites without a group.

Admittedly the problem is exacerbated by not making use of rested XP early on (frequently I'd just log out in the middle of nowhere because cantinas are few and far between - typically one per planet), not using my planetary commendations until recently (no idea they were only good if used immediately), not realising I could mod my gear without a modification station (thus not bothering most of the time), and not supplementing my gear from my crew skills in general.

I do turn down some side quests for RP reasons but the number of those can be counted on one hand so it'd have been of no real impact.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Scratched Another World from my backlog.

Now trying to figure out if I want to play Precursors, Space Rangers 2, or Freedom Force.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Scratched Another World from my backlog.

Now trying to figure out if I want to play Precursors, Space Rangers 2, or Freedom Force.

Space Rangers 2 is the best of its "type" since Elite 2. I've completed it once and is considering it again once my current stint with The Witcher 2 is over.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've gone back to Tales of Graces f. Put in around 6 hours the last two days. Missed the combat, it was a lot of fun getting back into the game. I'm trying to do as many events as possible, and thus I take my time and revisit areas now and then. The Tales series is known to have a lot of missable subevents. If I don't get them on this run, I'll do them all on an inevitable new playthrough in the future.

Witcher 2. The game has so much running back and forth I'm half surprised I don't see "Adidas" as one of the splash screens. Otherwise been enjoying it.

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I haven't thought about that game in years. It's more like Darkstar One under water. Okay game, but gets really repetitive after a while and the characters are bland and boring. Especially the main character is a lame, whiny pretty-boy (just like in Darkstar One, and IIRC also doesn't even get the girl in the end).

Game would've been much better if the protagonist had looked like

600full-fred-ward.jpg

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Nah, the Noxes were good too. Two was better, because it's plot ran parallel to One, the characters were mostly great (looking at you, Angelina), despite the writing running up and down between Awesome and So-horrible-it's-funny.

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2, an awesome parody on game piracy :D

At least some people are taking it not so seriously :D

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Nah, the Noxes were good too. Two was better, because it's plot ran parallel to One, the characters were mostly great (looking at you, Angelina), despite the writing running up and down between Awesome and So-horrible-it's-funny.

Yeah, I think I'm going to replay it.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Finished Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2, had lot of fun, 35 hours well spent :)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours