What are you playing now?

I'm currently playing the best recent RPG there is, FNV!

• Like 2

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Playing ME3 multiplayer right now, still trying to get a damn krogan character.

The Krogan Solider is fun once leveled up. Run in and headbutt everything.

If the Krogan Battlemaster unlocks after this weeks obfuscating multiplayer event, I might start playing MP at least.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Got a Krogan now. Pretty funny, indeed, especially because of the comments and because he feels so happy if you kill stuff. Saw another Krogan player yesterday and when a wave was over, we headknocked each other and stuff, cause we are cool Krogans. Though, in the beginning it was pretty hard, as he plays really different from the human soldier and I somehow cannot into shotguns... they feel so damn weak.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Saints Row the Third.

It's still fun as a sandbox and PC port is reasonable this time around.

Sadly the whole storyline/mission aspect took a major turn for the worse.

Yeah, I thought the storyline aspect was a lot weaker than 2. Still enjoyed the game, but felt it didn't match what I really liked about 2.

Was working through the DLC of FO:NV; switched to do ME3 (with ME1->2->3 character - thanks face generation issue that made me have to try and recreate my face (and failed)). I'll go back to FO:NV when I finish ME3 so I can do Lonesome Road.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

playing ME3 really slowly, an hour or two at a time, the game really bothers me for some reason and i keep having to quit to keep from getting frustrated. it feels like the developers wanted to make a movie but were forced to include some gameplay on occasion. hopefully it gets better.

also been playing some fightin games

looks like nothing good is coming out until diablo 3, so i'll probably try and play something on my backlog before that comes out

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Done ME1, now onto ME2. Or maybe will give the series a little break and go back to Civ V

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Some Starcraft 2, also successfully finished the Civ V tutorials. Now better start with the real game (oh boyboyboy).

I have to admit I'm more partial to III. I also really liked IV. There was something about V that struck me wrong though. I think it was V and not IV...which one decided to go all hexes on you?

I think many loved it...it didn't do much for me though.

I think it's back to Reckoning or Skryim for me. Mass Effect 3 goes onto my shelf to collect dust after only 1 full play through. Which is a record for me. I've played each of BioWare's games at least twice, before this one.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The Komnenoi rumble on as rulers of Constantinople.

Empress Antonina, the daughter of Alexios, ended up ruling an astounding 42 years from 1102 to 1146. With 29 diplomacy she defused many would-be civil wars with bribes, titles, soothing words and the occasional imprisonment. I decided that having taken back Anatolia and Armenia Minor, going further East in the Heraklean tradition would be pointless; the Muslims were fractured into many squabbling nations and posed no real threat, while the Crusades had not really begun proper. I focused my attention on conquering Southern Italy and Sicily as a jump-off point back into Europe, even as my over-eager vassals decided to venture far north of the Danube.

She was succeeded by Ioannes III 'the Great', who ironically earned the moniker by pretty much fighting twenty years of civil war. The Danubian Dukes rallied behind a certain Leon who declared himself King of Bulgaria, while many others took up the flag of rebellion. Actually, I wanted to white peace against the Bulgars and let them have an independent kingdom, as my vassals were expanding far too readily northward - but due to the crazy inter-duke warring in decades beforehand, Bulgaria also ended up with several random provinces all over my empire. The map-painter in me urged me to go to war to take those back, but the limited CK2 goals system meant a victory simply absorbed all of Bulgaria back. Unfortunately, the Bogomilist heresy spread to Byzantion around this time, and Ioannes decided to convert to a heresy that probably is followed by less than 10% of the population and nobility. That made the Empire a pretty unstable place, but thankfully, Ioannes kicked the bucket soon after.

So in the 1160s Manuel Komnenos (I'm naming them as close to history as possible) took over. He was a promising lad, if not a genius, but decided to get maimed in his first ever hunting trip at the age of 18. Miraculously, he survived, and healed back to perfect health, and governed for another twenty years, mostly upgrading a lot of provinces, sorting out some pesky dukes and watching Hungary blob into a fiersome neighbour. Now age of 39, he's again incapacitated and his son is only 5 years old. He will probably die soon, and when he does, the empire could well break apart - there's no holding back the dukes with bribes this time.

Bought some fave city build/sim games from GoG (stronghold, RCT), as well as finally grabbing BG1 for my Win7 machine. But I also bought Ultima7 pack. I've never played it. I hear it's an uber classic or something. :p

....let's see if I can get past the "omg this is so old..." reaction that I get from looking at screenshots.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Stacking. Tim Schafer does it again, that's all I can say.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I really like Stacking from the look of it, but I am scared to test it out, as I am too lazy for too many puzzle elements in games nowadays.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Been playing a lot of ME3 MP. It's quite fun WHEN it works, but absolutely disastrous when it doesn't and I miss a lot features that are present in other games like text chat, because most people never speak.. The storm button is like using a magnetic suit clinging to all surfaces, but at least ASWD works exactly the way it should!

Edited by Janmanden

(Signatures: disabled) 

I really like Stacking from the look of it, but I am scared to test it out, as I am too lazy for too many puzzle elements in games nowadays.

Don't be, the game is (so far) excellent.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.