Ouch, Bioware... Dragon Age 2, and now this?

Humodour

I liked Dragon Age 2 although I accepted that it was a short turn around game and understood there would be limitations within that framework.

I'm also enjoying ME3 (although not at the end) but not as much as I did ME 1 or ME 2 (which may be down to feeling THE END written in everything that happens in ME3 - its a bit funereal in tone, really).

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

ME3 rather. Hah-hah.

:sweat:

(Fixed it)

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

You know, I don't agree with your ranking (especially in regards to the DA's) BUT...something about the way you phrase it and say it simply just make me want to say...sometimes I just love your posts. Absolutely Ace in your statement.

Thank you....thank you thank you. It's really hard to get people here to agree with my flawless logic and writing style.

I like how people have been brainwashed by BIO (even though they weren't the first to use it) that a game needs 'end slides' to be completed. L0L Endings are more than just ending slideshows. Heh.

ME3 ending > BG2 ending

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The slideshow endings can be a nice, short way to show how companions move on, and how they're affected by things you did during the game.. It can add a certain sense to things having mattered beyond whatever "final boss" encounter was there beforehand..

They weren't the first to do it, but they did proceed to use it with a fairly decent attempt at not just having "one automatic response" regardless of how things played out.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

What was wrong with Mass Effect: Deception?#

That's the basic list sorted by lore, character, timeline, oddities...

The people who spent time writing that need to get help.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Says the guy who spams every BIO thread available just to spam how much they suck. L0L

Look at your post count before you open your mouth.

Says the guy who spams every BIO thread available just to spam how much they suck. L0L

Should we add those of your collective accounts together for a similarly accurate picture? :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Should we add those of your collective accounts together for a similarly accurate picture? :p

I don't think I've broken 2500 altogether. Volo is still the undisputed spam king of this forum.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Sorry for trying to get back on topic, I just wanted to point out that the slideshows are only the technical aspect of an ending, obviously the content is what matters and unreal engine games tend to use these 'in-game cinematics', iirc. So it's not about 'sliedshows' per se.

Also I can't argue the good-bad-happy-sad angle - even though what the space kid says is indeed ridiculous - I only saw the stuff on youtube, but anyway I don't think it matters that much. (i.e. to warrant like 4 threads on an Obsidian board, srsly)

Still, the reason it fails imho is because through 2 (or 3) whole game basically you decided 'who lives and dies'. It was reinforced with game mechanics, the imported save games, missing npc-s, all this stuff was in the game, it wasn't all just ads and PR. And the end contradicts this mechanic.

Perhaps, if you chose to participate in the discussion in other ways than criticising the topics chosen by others, the contents of the forum would be more to your liking? :p

• Like 4

"Look at your post count before you open your mouth. "

I didn't open my mouth. I typed with my hands.

And, again, my posts bashing games are minimal comapred to you. High percentage of your posts on the OBSIDIAN boards is bashing BIO. That's illogical.

I criticize/bash games (inclduing Obsidian) but they most certainly arne't cocnentrated on bashing on particiualr thing. Youa re gonna get a heartattack stressing out over something so 'horrible' you claim to laothe yet never 'play' despite knowing quite a bit (probably because you actually play these games and liek them but are playing the cool dude who hates them to show off on the internet).

R00fles!

Then again,m you think a hamster is the best joinable npc of all the time. L0LZ

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

To not like criticism sound like Bioware forums allright.

Dudes, just let people express themselves, as long as it stays civil, it's fine this way.

Because otherwise, this forum would be hella boring if it was just one massive circlejerk.

Because otherwise, this forum would be hella boring if it was just one massive circlejerk.

I think you just stole the words I used to describe the reaction to the DA2 release. ;D