Ouch, Bioware... Dragon Age 2, and now this?

Humodour

God forbid there's actual C&C. How horrible! You have to do/be x to get y! In a RPG! Perish the thought!

"There's also the fact that in order for a rape victim to open up, you have to have sex with her. "

Actually, that cna logically make sense since a one would think that a prior victim of rape would old wounds open up if they feel ready to have sex with someone after such a horrible thing happen leading to them talking aboutt hings they';ve enver talked about. if they are intimate enough to have have sex/make love with someone preusmably youa re intimiate/open enough with them to talk about serious issues (casual sex aside thoguh most rape victims doubtfully are into casual sex.. most anyways).

I never had a relationship with Jack (I don't care much about the character) and I certainly didn't feel like I missed out or 'got cheated'. C&C is a GOOD thing; NOT a bad thing.

And yet you claim to like the ending of ME3. C&C must not mean THAT much to you. In fact from your approach you basically seem to imply the exact opposite of what you just said above.

ME3 ending has C&C. More C&C than say BG1's ending. LMAO Yet, I don't see anyone ragging on BIO for it?

ME3 has tons of C&C. Tons of C&C.

Yep, Red light, Green Light...oh and blue light.

and everyone dies unless they have space magic.

You're full of it in regards to C&C in that ending.

So...tell me...how did you end up saving the Turian fleet from starving to death...and keeping the relays going...and how did your choices to help the Krogan or salarians preserve anything....

Oh wait...that's right...you could somehow choose to have the green or blue light instead of the red light.

There's more C&C in BG2:ToB's ending then ME3's.

Edited by greylord

From what I understand ME3 has tons of choices and one consequence.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Not really. Once you get into the last 30 minutes...there aren't any choices at all except MAYBE to talk one main enemy to death. The only real choice you get is to choose red, green, or blue.

I actually prefer they keep the endings then to scratch it all and say it was Indoc. To say they gave us an incomplete game would upset me FAR more than simply giving us a bad ending like they did.

However, you're actions through the game really only do one thing...enable you to chooose green instead of blue or blue instead of red. Other than that..they do absolutely NOTHING really.

So you saved the Geth and Quarians...that really has no result on the ending. You don't see them on the ground with you, they don't save Tali, or anything.

So you got the Krogan to help you...you get to see them blown up in one cut scene BEFORE the ending portions, and nowhere really in the end.

Really, C&C is basically tossed completely out the window in favor of Deus Ex Machina

Otherwise there aren't really that many choices.

But yes, you're right, regardless of whether you choose the red, blue, or green, the choices basically have the same ending except for about 5 seconds in them depending on whether you chose control...or whether you played MP long enough to maximize some war assets you have and have enough of those to see the 5 second clip when you choose destroy.

Edited by greylord

It's p. interesting to me that all the people on other forums who I used to argue with over Bioware's inherently rigid design philosophy post-KOTOR and the winnowing of C&C in their games have now openly expressed that they're done with the company. They're pretty level-headed folks, too, not BSN types.

To be fair, for most of them the frustration has to do with the second blatant instance in as many consecutive games of major day-one DLC and the squandering of the Dragon Age franchise. With Mass Effect now definitely finished in its current form, there's just nothing to look forward to. That will probably change when / if they announce whatever IP they're working on next.

Edited by Pop

"There's more C&C in BG2:ToB's ending then ME3's. "

That's hilarious!

"the winnowing of C&C in their games "

Except BIO's newer games have way more C&C than their older games. L0L

Just cool to hate on BIO because they are a Big Boy On Block tm and not some silly indy devy. I hope you all enjoy lapping up KOTOR OL while I laugh at you. HA!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So.. someone explain this furore to me? It's spreading to every forum I frequent. Why are you all so upset about the ending of a game?

Can someone sum it up for me? And can it really be any worse than time-travelling lizards from ancient times? :p

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I am just annoyed that the fuzz is mostly about the ending being dark and not that the players choices don't have any influence. :/

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Guest Slinky

So.. someone explain this furore to me? It's spreading to every forum I frequent. Why are you all so upset about the ending of a game?

Can someone sum it up for me? And can it really be any worse than time-travelling lizards from ancient times? :p

1. The choices you make playing the trilogy matters about zip in the end.

2. Doesn't really answer any questions about reapers, nor tells anything what happens after the ending. Doesn't give any closure for the story and characters.

All in all, very underwhelming end for a story that tries so hard to be epic.

I am just annoyed that the fuzz is mostly about the ending being dark and not that the players choices don't have any influence. :/

Calling the ending "dark" is an insult to darkness all over the world, but I can sympathise with those people: If you are going to have a **** ending, make it at least happy. The bar for a "bittersweet ending" (which is what they think they created) is automatically going to be set higher. Now it just makes everybody unhappy, those who wanted a happy ending and those who wanted something well written (not necessarily two different groups).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

"The ending is kinda lame, well all of them are."

You are being too reasonable. Thyerefore, I ban you from the internet.

I'm still trying to figure out how the ending is so much worse than every other BIO game out there. L0L

BG1 has no variation in the ending at all. BG is good, bad, and god.

NWN has no variation.

KOTOR is good vs evil.

JE is good, bad, and allow bad guy to kill you.

ME1 not much variation mostly just councile choice.

ME2 is blow or save base.

DA1 is kill archdemon. No choice.

DA2 is support mages or templars.

So.. the hoopla is just garbage of the continuing of new age EA BIO hate. And, as we cna see by the sales of KOTOR MMO and ME3... in the end, these cries of faux outrage are menaingless silliness just so people can hear (read) themselves. *shrug*

ME3, btw, is FAR from poerfect... but the ending(s) is farrrrrrrrrrrr from it's biggest issue. But, to read people posts ... ME3 is a 99/100 game for 30-60 hours (or hwoever long it is), and a -99/100 for the last couple of minutes which completely (supposedly) destroys one's ENTIRE enjoyment of an entire franchise. LMAO

Guess that just proves that giving you a choice of three **** endings is worse than serving you a single decent one. :p

You know what I'm actually worried about? That even people at Bioware will chalk it up to a "new age [of] EA BIO hate" and not realise that they really screwed the pooch this time.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

BioWare have long been immune to criticism. Sure, this time they may not have their usual buffer of rabid fanboys to cover them, but I sincerely doubt they'll acknowledge that ME3 was in any way flawed.

Edited by Oblarg

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Hmm...how to put it without really big spoilers.

Imagine a game like Dragon Age but in space. You have to unite the entire galaxy against the big bad guy. So the entire game you struggle to do this.

Then you fight your way to the big bad guy...and suddenly instead of a big battle you are immersed in light. You are levitated and brought before an angel who says...I want you to pick one of three choices. You can pick a green light, a red light, or a blue light. You do so...and the game ends.

I was like...WTF does that have to do with the game? How can simply picking a traffic light color have any relation to what's gone on before?

I actually see more logic in the endings then most, but I'm still with them when I say...picking a traffic light out has no relation to the end of a War and magnitude of what the game was about....

And...

that pretty much covers it....

Most people don't see a connection between picking a traffic light color and the rest of the game. Hence, the big outcry is some resolution as to what their actions did, how their actions affect the end of the game, and something along the lines of C&C where their actions actually have SOME relation to the end of the game.

In a broader sense, for those who played the entire trilogy it's not just the choices of the game, but the entire trilogy.

The goal of the series was to stop the reapers with any means available and the final choice (indoctrination and other theories aside) does exactly that. Works eprfectly.

Your final chocie in DA1, btw, was kill the archdemon... or... kill the archdemon... or... kill the archdemon...

DEEP

The goal of the series was to stop the reapers with any means available and the final choice (indoctrination and other theories aside) does exactly that. Works eprfectly.

Your final chocie in DA1, btw, was kill the archdemon... or... kill the archdemon... or... kill the archdemon...

DEEP

Yes...choose the traffic light so you can destroy the Reapers...makes so much sense now....NOT....

In DA1 you go to kill the archdemon...that was introduced much earlier in the game and that was part of your goal. Choosing a traffic light wasn't any part of any goal in any part of the ME series really.

I'd ask you to stop being so Volourn about all this...but seeing that in truth you ARE Volourn and in some sense you would therefore define it...I suppose I can only say

continue being volourn about it.

• Like 1

Volourn, the problem people have is that the game touted reactivity to all your previous choices throughout the series, and what we got instead was reactivity to one choice made at the very end of the game. Not only that, but the endings not only lacked reactivity to your previous choices but also, to a large extent, invalidated them - with the state of the galaxy at the end of ME3, much of what you've done over the entire trilogy is rendered completely meaningless.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Hm.. I might be thick, but I still don't get it. I mean, why not just write it off as "good game, crap ending" like so many games before it? I even read news on Eurogamer that some nut has started a collection and collected 28000 dollars as a protest against the ending! Wtf?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"In DA1 you go to kill the archdemon...that was introduced much earlier in the game and that was part of your goal."

The reapers were introduced in ME1. Hell, they were introduced before ME1 was even released. And, the final choice in ME1 (and the 'lights') was based on how you would deal with the reaper problem. Seems to me the follow through was right on.

"Volourn, the problem people have is that the game touted reactivity to all your previous choices throughout the series"

And, your chocies were reflected throughout ME3. Nothing done during the series was 'meaningless'. That's just more over dramatics.

I'd ask you guys to stop being typical overly dramatic internet posters... but since you are typical over dramatic interent posters just keep at it.

P.S. People go on about these so called 'traffic lights' yet they ignore that these so called 'traffic lights'are about effecting/dealing with the reapers along with the whole flesh vs intelligent robot issue as well. Which is what the series is largely about (along with following Shepard's mission to stop them). Ending handled it fine. Not the best ending but FAR FAR FAR from the worst ending. It's not even in BIO's top 5 worst endings. L0L