BREAKING NEWS: BALDUR'S GATE 3 ENHANCED CONSOLE EDITION ANNOUNCED

Llyranor

Wasn't BG:EE already datamined in the steam registry? Or was it something else?

Guess you guys'll just have to buy one of the Apple versions, if that's the case. ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Wasn't BG:EE already datamined in the steam registry? Or was it something else? ;)

Nope, it was just the normal titles. And this is a clear move to push Beamdog... they've learned well from Valve and EA. :)

Good for them. I hope the imac pics weren't just obfuscation. :p

Mod compatibility is likely low. So will they make enough improvements to make up for the loss of litrrally hundreds of mods?

Meh. Wait and see the specifics, but not excited. G make something original.

I'm pretty sure I saw something about them trying to preserve mod compatibility on the twitter account, but how well that will work remains to be seen.

Where does it say it's console?

PC primarily.. https://twitter.com/...383395937914880

Thank God..

Llyranor was trolling.

Never heard of this Beamdog thing. But if it means I have to install yet another 3rd party client to start/run the game....then no. I'm so tired of needing a piece of software (other than the O/S...) to run a single program I may be interested in.

If it's something more akin to Steam and potentially useful outside of that one thing, then...maybe. But I doubt it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So I've read its based off tob engine, makes me a bit more hopeful.

Wonder if they can kill indoor loads, or something radical. But maybe that's crazy talk.

"Hope he's not implying that, since Bioware has nothing to do with BG any longer. "

Bio owns the IE and would still likely be owed monies from the profits. Just ask Interplay how it works when they refuse to pay up. R00fles!

BIO may not own the BG IP but they do own the IE IP.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Hope he's not implying that, since Bioware has nothing to do with BG any longer. "

Bio owns the IE and would still likely be owed monies from the profits. Just ask Interplay how it works when they refuse to pay up. R00fles!

BIO may not own the BG IP but they do own the IE IP.

Maybe it's going to run on the GemRB engine?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I should also point out since I have nmo idea how the contract/lawsuit settlement between BIO/Atari/InterplayWOTC worked out who knows exactly how things with the Bg series monetarily and contractually works. For all we know, BIo let go of any of that.. or not.. who knows... But, that could also help explain why BG3 has been such a tough nut to make. Heh.

Either way, I don't really think a BG remake in the IE is really neccessary. Just make a BG3 and be done with it.

• Like 1

Are you implying that this entire thing is expensive and risky on Bioware's part, then?

And if you don't think it is, then your post is illogical.

I was saying there are better ways that cost less.

But are you implying that if I don't agree with the premise of your argument then my post is illogical?

Fortune favors the bald.

I was thinking of how the re-done Director's Cut of Broken Sword 1 (with new content added and new UI grafted on) revived Revolution and how they now have a proper sequel, and also a brand new IP, in development as a direct result. But where the comparison doesn't fit is that this is only initially being done on the same platform as the original - and that it's not the original developer backing it.

...and I've lost my train of thought. But at any rate, I've never played BG1 past Candlekeep so will follow developments.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

"Hope he's not implying that, since Bioware has nothing to do with BG any longer. " Bio owns the IE and would still likely be owed monies from the profits. Just ask Interplay how it works when they refuse to pay up. R00fles! BIO may not own the BG IP but they do own the IE IP.

... Next you'll be telling me that Epic (as the owners of the Unreal engine) played a critical role in the decisions Bioware made in the development of Mass Effect.

You completely missed the point. Don't be ignorant. Do you think BIO got the Unreal Engine for free and without permission of the rightful owners? Tsk, tsk.

Edited by Volourn

You completely missed the point. Don't be ignorant. Do you think BIO got the Unreal Engine for free and without permission of the rightful owners? Tsk, tsk.

Nope, I'm still right on target, you're confusing receiving compensation with participation.

And for all we know, Trent could've walked out with a license to make IE games the day he left Bio. :p

No I'm not. What the heck are you talking about? All i said is they can't use the IE without BIO's permission.

And, no, i seriously doubt the docs would just hand over their property to an ex employee. L0L

Anwyays, I'm sure the detaisl of how it works has been ironed out by those it effects. Duh.