BREAKING NEWS: BALDUR'S GATE 3 ENHANCED CONSOLE EDITION ANNOUNCED

Llyranor

I might actually buy that.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'd prefer a BG3. I tried laying BG on GOG and had to quit it. I'll probably get suckered into buying this version after it goes down in pirice and barely play it. *sigh*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Hm. I'm semi-interested, since it could give me the reason/excuse to revisit BG1 after all these years, but it really depends on what they mean by "a re-forged version of the Infinity Engine with a variety of modern improvements." :ermm:

...I'm not someone who thinks "modern" necessarily=improvement, so a big ? there.

**edit: reading the twitter feed, looks like some potential positive things

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

...I'm not someone who thinks "modern" necessarily=improvement, so a big ? there.

Amen to that :thumbsup:

If by 'modern' they mean QTE's, Minigames, Checkpoint saves, Crappy UI's build for people operating the game with two thumbs, then good riddance.

If it means compatibility with 64 bit, multicore processors, configurable keys, decent choice of screen resolutions etc. then I'll happily cheer them on :)

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Nice thread title. I wish it was Baldur's Gate III but I'm curious to see what all they do with this enahnced edition. If I feel they've done enough to improve on the original, I'll buy it. Haven't played BG2 in about 5 years so it would be fun going back and playing through it again.

could we maybe merge this thread with that other one, but edit the title to represent the content of the thread, pwease? :unsure:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'm all for a BG3 if Obsidian does it. They sure need some contracts at this moment.

Otherwise, I've some doubts. Bioware's writing went down recently and I never was a fan of the previous games. BG1 felt dull and because of that, I never found the courage to launch BG2.

Qui vivra verra.

As long as they don't use a close-up narrow third-person view with only three members and your main character blocking 50% of your view watching his back.. Oh ffs.. Console.. Yuck.

(Signatures: disabled) 

Guest RytGansta

Apparently its enhanced editions of both Baldur's Gate games. I just hope that 'modern improvements' include the restored cut content from the Unfinished Business mods. Man, that'd be so sweet.

Mod compatibility is likely low. So will they make enough improvements to make up for the loss of litrrally hundreds of mods?

Meh. Wait and see the specifics, but not excited. G make something original.

• Like 1

Maybe this is a probe to see how much interest exists for a BG3?

That would be an expensive and risky way to probe.. it's easier to just ask customers online and see how much buss it creates.

Fortune favors the bald.

or launch a BG3 kickstarter campaign :D

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Mod compatibility is likely low. So will they make enough improvements to make up for the loss of litrrally hundreds of mods?

Meh. Wait and see the specifics, but not excited. G make something original.

Meh, you'll have the old version and all the mods, the new version won't take that away. I've only every used fixpacks, widescreen and unfinished business, anyway, I know I'm not alone in this.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Maybe this is a probe to see how much interest exists for a BG3?

That would be an expensive and risky way to probe.. it's easier to just ask customers online and see how much buss it creates.

Are you implying that this entire thing is expensive and risky on Bioware's part, then?

And if you don't think it is, then your post is illogical.

Guest Slinky

So these enhanced editions are going the be tied to this Beamdog program I have never even heard about? More digital distribution softs, yeah, that's just what I want on my PC. Been eyeballing at origin already with evil intentions.

Gotten used to steam, no more thank you very much.

Edit: And why I replied to BG3 titled thread, I do not know.

Edited by Slinky