Homeless Internet Hotspots..

Raithe

Homeless as a Wi-Fi Transmitter

A marketing agency touched off a wave of criticism and debate when it hired members of the local homeless population to walk around carrying mobile Wi-Fi devices, offering conferencegoers Internet access in exchange for donations

For the quirky debate. I can actually see around both sides of some of this debate.

Still, the whole "My Name is Clarence. I'm Your 4G Hotspot" does kind of amuse me...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It's a good idea in my opinion, but they should've paid them more than 20$.. as on of the comments mention the minimum wage is 7.25$ and if they work for more than 3 hours (which I imagine that they do) then they are basically exploiting cheap labor by branding it as an marketing awareness stunt - even if that was not their intent others might get "inspired".

Fortune favors the bald.

A homeless person came up to me on the train today and looked at me intently and said 'hej smukke' (hello handsome). I looked back in amazement and he repeated this statement rather matter of factly. It was only later I realised that what he had said in an undeterminable east european accent was 'har du nogle sm

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Yeah, to me it's dependent on the wage vs. the hours they're actually working. If it's an hour or two, fine. A little money for simple side work that doesn't involve something "dangerous." But if it falls much under min. wage than it seems more like exploitation. Perhaps well-intentioned, but still.

I like the quote at the bottom of the article, from someone named Adam Hanft:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's not like they tagged them with a wireless modem while they were sleeping under a bridge. They were offered money to complete a pretty simple task (and one that simply required their free time, which I assume they have a lot of).

Liberals, man. If you don't help the homeless you're a bad person. If you help the homeless you're a bad person.

• Like 1

I'm with Krooklie on this. The moral puritans are insisting on a degree of saintliness in intention and conduct which means good isn't being done.

If I were gakking homeless I'd rather have 20 bucks than no bucks.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.