Wasteland 2 Kickstarter

C2B

Is it everything I hoped and dreamed?

It is very nice.

There is multiple solutions to every thing. There don't seems to be possible to make ranger squad that can do it all, you always seem to have weak aspects. Combat system is quite deep, although enemy characters animation speed is bit slow for my tastes and npcs can destroy all your plans if they decide that they know better than you what to do.

Conversation system needs some time that you get familiar with it's nuances, especially self written options. And skill usage also needs lots of thinking especially when you decide which characters you put on the task.

It should mentioned that beta is full of glitches that make some actions harder to do than they should be. But overall game seem to be worth every penny that I gave to it.

• Like 1

While we are at it... In Highpool is a group of kids who yell at a prisoner. Anyone knows a way to get them away there, without killing them all?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

What is this, so few people with the beta? It's not the second coming, but it is a nice old school RPG.

Combat is what you'd expect from a turn-based party RPG with guns. Basically Fallout with a party, minus aimed shots. I do think it could use more tactical options, but that may change once I find demolitions and other things to play around with. It is reasonably, but not too, difficult on Hard, though difficulty may or may not be properly implemented yet.

The story and setting is OK, basically not as wacky crazy as Wasteland 1 but not exactly a Fallout clone, either. Haven't seen enough of the main plot, but writing just seems alright - certainly not Obsidian quality. There's some concern about the lack of choices & consequences and multiple solutions, but I haven't seen all the hubs to the end yet, and they promise that's what they're adding in the coming months. 

Graphics is OK - the indoors look very nice, the outdoors look a little more budget, but that was never a huge focus. The UI however is terrible and they promise to work on it, but it really does need an overhaul. It just sucks in many different ways.

Overall I expected this to be a pretty good rather than super awesome game, I expect more of P:E and Torment, and it is proving true. Definitely don't regret backing at $75, glad it's being made and hope they can improve on it.

• Like 1

One subtle hidden reference? NOOO, let's insert 3 times a giant fat ****ing meme that's been old for years now. Yeah, it's very hip or so I hear. Very trendy! The youth responds well to this kind of thing I've been told!

What a ****ing joke....... Brian, what the hell?

memeland.jpg

Edited by Bester
  • Like 3
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Well the ground and floor tiles look pretty nice. :p

...even if one isn't expecting supreme writing from this one, I hope the overall writing/dialogue is better than those 2 jokey snippets. Even minus the meme, it's pretty rough to read. But then I personally don't generally like it when writers do stuff like "RUH(hic)anger."  That's pretty awkward.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I actually think the bullet to the knee wasn't even in reference to the meme. probably just a line that made the most sense for that kind of situation.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I for one think it's very funny, given that they already show more variation than the game they were inspired by :p I mean, even by just watching my girlfriend play Skyrim for a short while that line started to feel repetitive to me... Repeating the reference is part of the joke to me.

And for those who don't like it: if I were a modern user of the internet , I'd call all of you some highly clever allusion of "butthurt" trollishly :p

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Well the repeated nature of it is probably down to an editor not (yet?) properly going through it. I'd assume it's a different writer in each of the three cases just not talking to each other when including their 'clever' reference.

Actually, the hobo in #2 is just one of those filler NPC with no real interaction and gameplay purpose, right?

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

What is "RUH(hic)anger" supposed to mean?

Ok. Ranger. Got it. It doesn't sound remotely the same, hence my problem to even understand it. -_-'

I'm assuming the dude is drunk, hence the "hic" in the middle. Drunk slurring works in a movie when the guy at the bar is acting slushy but not so much (imo) in text.

And I don't really mind the meme either. Actually I don't even get/know the joke of that meme - I just know it is a meme because I see people use it with "lol" or whatever attached. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

What is "RUH(hic)anger" supposed to mean?

Ok. Ranger. Got it. It doesn't sound remotely the same, hence my problem to even understand it. -_-'

I'm assuming the dude is drunk, hence the "hic" in the middle. Drunk slurring works in a movie when the guy at the bar is acting slushy but not so much (imo) in text.

And I don't really mind the meme either. Actually I don't even get/know the joke of that meme - I just know it is a meme because I see people use it with "lol" or whatever attached. :lol:

"Patrolling the Mojave, almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter"

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Outside of the occasional burst of humorous irritation at hearing such lines repeated over and over by NPC's in games, I still don't get the "funny." (or why it's a "meme")

NOBODY has described how it is so far. Jesus Christ people. Just give me your steam account for a couple of hours and I'll write at least SOMETHING. This is ridiculous.

"Oh yeah yeah it's good". - IN WHAT WAY!!!!?

"Oh yeah it's like fallout you know?". -- NO I DON'T KNOW. BE MORE SPECIFIC!!

It's like we're dealing with a secret society here. COME ON SAY SOMETHING!!

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

I think you should drink some poppy tea... That would definitely help you to calm down...

• Like 3

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

NOBODY has described how it is so far. Jesus Christ people. Just give me your steam account for a couple of hours and I'll write at least SOMETHING. This is ridiculous.

"Oh yeah yeah it's good". - IN WHAT WAY!!!!?

"Oh yeah it's like fallout you know?". -- NO I DON'T KNOW. BE MORE SPECIFIC!!

It's like we're dealing with a secret society here. COME ON SAY SOMETHING!!

Just download it and try it.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP