Wasteland 2 Kickstarter

C2B

I've been really enjoying the beta. I just hate how they rearrange the ui every time they update it

That might be because everybody kept grousing about how the UI looks on their discussion boards.

Of course, that would never happen here... no, not ever. :lol:

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I was really, really, really, really worried that hiring cosplay actors at some convention for the intro video would result in an unbearably cheesy and horribly amateurishly acted POS, where my only Sanity-preserving option is to bury my face into my hands, weep a bit softly and pretend the video never existed. Maybe use some PK D i c k-style memory eraser, We Can Forget It For You Wholesale.

Thankfully, it was mostly archive footage and slideshow-style very short scenes with little acting, and the only part with minor acting was all right. It also tied nicely into the first scene on the game, which is a big plus.

The narrator is also rather good. He isn't on Ron Perlman's level of awesomeness (he narrated the Fallout intros), but really, who is?

So, all in all, a big relief.

EDIT: D i c k is his name, you retard filter!

Edited by Endrosz
  • Like 1

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

ah, that explain things. we thought somebody with a camera filmed a bunch o' Firefly nerds at a convention in fresno... and called it a game intro as a joke.

HA! Good Fun!

ps and what is with the edmund burke quote?

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The text is bad. The number of times they repeated "engineers" was painful to hear.

Also the voice actor is too much of a tryhard, trying to imitate the standard Hollywood trailer voice actor. At times it sounded laughable.

I should probably check to see if I can download those novellas yet. 

There is just one, yet.

I was really angry about the fact that a novella's price was 10 bucks (ridiculous), but now I see that the market rectified this situation. It now costs $0,99. https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/403524

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

• 4 weeks later...

Steam beta keys are there for everyone! Yooohooooo! *explodes with joy* 

Note that you can't go GOG anymore after you have chosen this option.

Edited by Cat Food

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

It really is better to wait for the full release, imo. Not because the game is bad right now, but because it really sucks when you get to the end of the beta and then have to wait a few months for the rest.

• Like 4

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It really is better to wait for the full release, imo. Not because the game is bad right now, but because it really sucks when you get to the end of the beta and then have to wait a few months for the rest.

Yeah, to me it just doesn't make sense to do that with a story-driven game.  I feel story-driven games are very ill-suited to early access.  I mean, it's great InXile is essentially getting some free beta testing and there are people out there willing to help iron bugs out and provide feedback, that's fantastic and I tip my hat to those people, I'm just not willing to do that myself for a story-driven game.  It's like reading a book with only the first 1/3 of the pages in it, then having to wait several months to read the remaining 2/3 pages.  Sure, I could do it, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but I'd rather read the book straight through, or at least have the option to.

That's not to say all games are ill-suited to early access.  I've participated in the Grim Dawn early access since before it was even officially early access (it was only available to backers at certain tiers and up) and I was happy to do that.  But that game is a loot em up, which, in my opinion, is a perfect fit for early access since the story is very much secondary in a game like that, it's a game driven by combat and loot.  Plus it's a game where you're going to run through the same content again and again anyway to either try out different builds or to try to complete sets/get certain drops.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks