Wasteland 2 Kickstarter

C2B

$2,107,312 not including Paypal. Still 10 days to go. Maybe the $2.5m wasn't such an unrealistic goal.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

A bit late, but I finally got around to watch the video at the top of the kickstarter page. The numbers people recommends romantic vampires... :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I wonder if they really needed 400k just to make a cross-platform version, cause to me that's just money thrown out of the window. Gamers that run macos/linux have a second OS anyway for games. I hope that making it cross-platform will only cost them 10k max and then the rest is used to increase the scope and depth of the game, so the cross-platform feature was only a teasing maneuver.

Avellone's LI profile updated

Over the years, I've worked with Interplay, Bethesda, Reflexive, Snowblind, LucasArts, Atari, SEGA, THQ, and now inXile. RPGs I've worked on include:

Fallout: New Vegas DLC: Dead Money, Old World Blues, Lonesome Road (Project Director/Creative Lead Designer)

South Park (Narrative/Cut Scene Production Support)

Wasteland 2 (Designer)

Now I somehow hope for a little bit of base management too. The setting for this would be there and it could lead to quite a few good scenarios (gathering folks for the outpost, etc).

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Top comment below the video:

-Planescape Torment, Stonekeep, Sacrifice, Wasteland? 1, Bard's Tale 3: Thief of Fate, Die by the Sword, Starfleet Academy, Descent, Fallout 2. That's a nice collection of games you've got there.

-That? would be his resume actually...

:lol:

My trinket-grubbing self is a bit disappointed that the new $150 tier goodies are mutually exclusive - either pick a T-shirt, or a poster+coin+extra boxed copy of the game. Sticking with the original offering which was the latter but still, could have just thrown the shirt in. :(

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I don't care as long as I get my box with signatures on it. I noticed that they changed the reward description some days later to include MCA on the list of signatories :)

Edit: Oh, just noticed, $2.395m not including Paypal. Still approx. 4 days to go. Might actually reach $2.5m

Edit: Oh, just noticed, $2.395m not including Paypal. Still approx. 4 days to go. Might actually reach $2.5m

It will for sure, Kickstarter projects spike at the very end when people just kind of rush in. The only question is how much it will spike. Seeing how it's lagging a bit behind of DFA adventure, most likely the final spike will be smaller too so.. a bit less than $3 millies?

I might increase my pledge and go all digital. I'm not much of a trinket-grubber, i'll just lose everything or destroy the box somehow, but digital goodies always captivate me. >_<

1.13 killed off Ja2.