Wasteland 2 Kickstarter

C2B

Wasteland had a vastly different combat system, and it allowed to create a whole party for yourself. if Wasteland 2 does the same, I don't care how it looks.

In my mind a perfect Wasteland 2 would be a game with combat mechanics from Jagged Alliance 2, 3D graphic engine (to allow changing camera angle), and a lot of C&C

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

This one will be in the bag by this time tomorrow.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I used to play Wasteland back in the day, and I've been waiting for a sequel since. And now Brian Fargo is raising money on Kickstarter for Wasteland 2. Well, head over to the link and support the sequel - the devs need all the support they can get. I've put myself down for US$10,000 and I'll give away the 50 free copies I get to you guys when the game launches.

https://www.facebook.com/minliangtan

CEO of Razer is going crazy, nice

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Think I'm going to put down $50 - 100 for this sometime after I get paid next. I'm really excited, though I don't really know why. I've never played Wasteland and inXile's list of games doesn't exactly impress me, but a style of RPG that I haven't seen made for a while by the people who were involved with a number of past favorites, how horribly wrong could it go? :grin:

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

And it's funded. :dancing:

Awesome :yes: I'm gonna pitch in when I get my salary this week. Never played the original but I've played plenty of other games Fargo was involved in, some of them amongst my all-time favorites, and I'm very excited to see a proper 2D, turn-based, party-based RPG getting made this way.

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

I'm in it to win it. glad to see they are making more than they hoped for. if this turns out well i really hope we see a return of classic crpg style games. which died completely without explanation at the height of their popularity :(

• Like 1

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

They died when bio moved away, interplay bearhugged black isle to jump off a cliff together, and the industry itself became even more big budget, etc. RTS had pretty rough few years, too.

are RTS games even being made today? I don't remember any except SC 2 and DoW 2, and that was a few years ago already

Walsingham said:

are RTS games even being made today? I don't remember any except SC 2 and DoW 2, and that was a few years ago already

They are twelve a dozen. Checking places like Gamersgate, Strategy First, Matrix Games etc. is rather depressing sometimes. 19 out of 20 games that calls themselves "Strategy" is just rts games (not an exact count, just an impressionistic version).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion is coming out this year.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

If I'm reading it right, they've now raised $1.5 million dollars for Wasteland 2 with 27 days to go. They've stated that this means they'll release Linux and Mac versions as well.

Double Fine raised $3.3 million and theirs has finished.

Those are some pretty large numbers. I'm curious though, who owns the IP? And can these devs then sell the finished products online via Steam to make further cash?

Edit: And to think Gorth and co were only recently ranting about how piracy has killed the game industry. Yeah right. I don't think I've ever seen it stronger, more varied, more multi-platform, or more open to independents (and Kickstarter is but one reason among many).

Edited by Krezack

And can these devs then sell the finished products online via Steam to make further cash?

That's the plan.

On the IP: inXile owns the Wasteland IP, bought it back from EA. Double Fine will presumably own the IP since I think they're working on a completely new one.

Awesome.

Based on what Brian Fargo's describing in the YouTube video, it's going to be a combination of Jagged Alliance 2 and Fallout 1/2. I think I'll pledge some bucks.

Edited by Krezack

• 2 weeks later...