Wasteland 2 Kickstarter

C2B

Good luck to them and I hope it lives up to expectations.

I think I'll break my depressingly slim piggy bank and hope to scrounge up 50$ for the box set.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I think I'll break my depressingly slim piggy bank and hope to scrounge up 50$ for the box set.

...$65 sorry :/ International shipping.

Anyway, I'm a backer! Wooooo! Really excited about the prospect. Hopefully it will be really successful. Chris Avellone will be happy to know that I'm willing to back an eventual Obsidz project too.

...$65 sorry :/ International shipping.

Anyway, I'm a backer! Wooooo! Really excited about the prospect. Hopefully it will be really successful. Chris Avellone will be happy to know that I'm willing to back an eventual Obsidz project too.

Additional 15$ huh, yaay

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

115$ down.

Now just rolling my thumbs for the next 34 days, and after Kickstarter success, for the next 18 or so months.

It has now reached 80'000

:dancing:

80,000 in little over 3 hours. That's good.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

their goal is 900000, very realistic, all things considered. but I'll only back it when they reach that goal, I'm not that hardcore of a fan o:)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'm curious, I never played Wasteland or such, is that game abandonware or anything like that?

Anyway, the outline that is laid out means it'll get my 115$ as soon as I figure out how to do it.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

as soon as i get home from work im kicking in $100

i will kick in $100 for this, and for any blackisle type turn-based rpg kickstarter, plus an extra $100 for any that will have chris avellone on board...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'm not sure about this. Can InXile create something actually good on par with original Wasteland? I didn't play their new games, so I don't know what are they capable of. Mark Morgan is good news though.

They hired the old Wasteland team back specifically for this game. So, yes. In technical areas their games have been decent enough.

• Like 1

I put down $15 for Double Fine, I'll probably put in that again for Wasteland 2. I don't really have enough money for more, and none of their rewards excite me at all. Now, if Obsidian did something, that would be a very very different story. But I wouldn't really cry if the DB / W2 games never eventuated.

Although, I should really play Wasteland properly. I remember dying a dozen times and that was about it.

I put down $15 for Double Fine, I'll probably put in that again for Wasteland 2. I don't really have enough money for more, and none of their rewards excite me at all. Now, if Obsidian did something, that would be a very very different story. But I wouldn't really cry if the DB / W2 games never eventuated.

Although, I should really play Wasteland properly. I remember dying a dozen times and that was about it.

I really doubt Obsidian would consider trying if this fails.

old games are hard as hell, I could never beat Wasteland, after arriving at Las Vegas every enemy would just pwn my party :( thank god for Let's Plays

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Yes, that's another reason for me to plop down the $15 here. Even if the game sucks, I want it to succeed. I'll probably splurge irrationally for an Obsidian fund, but I am trying to live like the poor student I am in reality. :(

Don't get me wrong, I can see why people would have doubts about this, and hell, it's money after all, which is especially important during these times, but to me this is a bit more than just Wasteland 2, it's a crowdfunded retro turn-based WRPG. If this succeeds it's proof that games of that ilk can still be funded. Obviously Kickstarter is not something every little team can use, and if too people jump on board it will lose steam, but it's still a very interesting avenue.

• Like 2

I'll probably put in somewhere between $15 and $100. I'm saving my real money for when Obsidian announces their Kickstarter title! Don't get me wrong, I would probably put in a lot more if it did not exist a possibility of an Obsidian kickstarter in the near future...

EDIT: Also, I love their video on the Kickstarter site! :facepalm:

Edited by Rostere

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I decided to give $50, way more than the $15 I gave to Double Fine and I took some time to think about it, point and click adventures are endangered but turn based RPG's are nearly extinct, now I just need Obsidian to get their arses in gear, I'll give $100 for something in the same vein as PST.

It's up to almost half a million dorra now :yes:

Edited by WDeranged