First, they came for the emos, but I said nothing...

Walsingham

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/9137051/Iraq-religious-militias-target-emo-youths.html

Not sure I'd call them emos. But I only have a GCE in 'Yoof'.

Nice to see that the fundies have their priorities straight on rebuilding their nation.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Even the article admitted to them using the word emo to identify anyone who dresses nicely.

Outsiders and minorities usually have a hard time on Third World countries and face violence on those where violent acts are not only go without prosecution but are actually encouraged.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Doesn't make it any less ridiculous. :p

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm still working on a backpacker repellant spray. The formula must result in some kind of classy, stylish odour that is anathema to them and drives them away. Non-lethal solutions are often preferable.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

This world is ****ed.

'fraid so. The biggest problem in the world today, in every country and clime, is that humans are just not capable of leaving the other humans alone.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

This world is ****ed.

'fraid so. The biggest problem in the world today, in every country and clime, is that humans are just not capable of leaving the other humans alone.

We should bring the Internet to those places, then they would make angry posts on their Facebooks...or find the last copy of "The Anarchist Cookbook" :p
  • Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Gotta love it when life is cheap.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well they have to compete overall through history.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"'specially Americans."

That's hilarious.. because we know that people never intervered with other's lives before Amerika existed. In fact, Amerika (the coutnry) only exists because of outside interverence. in fact, many countries that exist today are because of outside interverence.

It's nothing new. That doesn't make the actions in the article any less sickening. Just like the Amerikan solder who mass murdered Afghanis is a scumbag. or the Afghanis who went on a rampage over a stupid bookare punks as well.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

This world is ****ed.

'specially Americans.

Ironic this comment comes from a guy in Europe where there is not a square centimeter of soil that has not been muddied with blood at some point because one bunch of f***ers tried to rule over a different bunch of f***ers. .

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

This world is ****ed.

'specially Americans.

Ironic this comment comes from a guy in Europe where there is not a square centimeter of soil that has not been muddied with blood at some point because one bunch of f***ers tried to rule over a different bunch of f***ers. .

Don't be a moron, Guard Dog.

Europeans shed blood for good reasons in the past.

Today, there's no reason to shed blood anymore. The Imperial times are over, there's plenty of food and wealth in the Western world. The US invades countries and murders people for no good reasons whatesoever (War on Terror; National security etc. my ass).

Meanwhile, an US soldier kills 16 Afghani for no good reason whatsoever.

The US has become a national security threat for the world.

Edited by Morgoth

Always the same thing with Europeans.

This world is ****ed.

'specially Americans.

Don't be a moron, Guard Dog.

Today, there's no reason to shed blood anymore. The Imperial times are over, there's plenty of food and wealth in the Western world. The US invades countries and murders people for no good reasons whatesoever (War on Terror; National security etc. my ass).

Meanwhile, an US soldier kills 16 Afghani for no good reason whatsoever.

The US has become a national security threat for the world.

Ah gotcha. You're saying that because one guy went nuts who happens to be an American and shot a lot of innocent people that he is a representation of the US as a whole. You know better than that. As for the US invading other countries for no good reason, other than Iraq I can't think of one. Unless you are referring to France in 1944, Italy in 1943 maybe you think there was no good reason for those but I think everyone else would disagree.

Or are you saying we should not even be in Afghanistan in the first place? If so I might agree with you there. We should have left once the Taliban was driven from power. There was a good reason for going, not so much for staying. Nation building is turning out to be a fools errand. Speaking strictly for myself I'd like to see the US adopt a latter day version of the Monroe Doctrine that includes the immediate termination of foreign aid to any country not in North or South America or the surrounding waters. Don't get me wrong I do not think we should pull out of NATO or abrogate treaties with Israel or Taiwan or others but apparently we're wasting our time and money in Africa, Asia, and Europe.

Thomas Sowell

Always the same thing with Europeans.

What is it with those Canadians always fervently defending their American masters?

@ Guard Dog

Agreed.

But Afghanistan? I thought that in 2003/04 the mission was already "accomplished". Why are you guys still there? And would you vindicate invading Iran and/or Syria if Israel asks your government? You don't think this would go too far?

Edited by Morgoth

You know Morgoth NATO isn't exactly a single member club.

European "leaders" habitually fall over themselves to support whatever errand the US elite comes up with (like Libya, for a recent example).

But then, who are we kidding - its not like the EU leaders since De Gaulle can even get in office without keeping "good relations" with the US. They can kick and squirm, and pretend its all in their own (country's) interest in the long run but when the US says jump all we hear is "how high?".

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

What is it with those Canadians always fervently defending their American masters?

Oh man, I didn't see that coming. :p Also, am not Canadian.

Edited by Malcador

European "leaders" habitually fall over themselves to support whatever errand the US elite comes up with (like Libya, for a recent example).

But then, who are we kidding - its not like the EU leaders since De Gaulle can even get in office without keeping "good relations" with the US. They can kick and squirm, and pretend its all in their own (country's) interest in the long run but when the US says jump all we hear is "how high?".

Yes, NATO is obsolete, it's function is not needed anymore since the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Brits and Frenchies are gonna jump as high as their US masters demand, 'cause that's what they are - little lapdogs.

Yes, NATO is obsolete, it's function is not needed anymore since the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Brits and Frenchies are gonna jump as high as their US masters demand, 'cause that's what they are - little lapdogs.

Who doesn't jump, except Putin's Russia (unlike those traitorous cretins Yeltsin and Gorbachev) and China?

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

You fail at history. No, seriously. You fail so bad it's embarassing.

Europeans shed blood because of clashing imperial interests, a game of alliances that got out of hand, and the inability of rulers to grasp the full scope of a what a war between industrialized nations could be. I don't personally count stupidity, pride, greed and shortsightedness as "good reasons", but that's just me.

Next time you call someone a moron, make sure it's not someone that's likely read more books than you can name. Or even better, just stick to moaning about games, it's the only thing you appear to be semi-competent at.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I don't personally count stupidity, pride, greed and shortsightedness as "good reasons", but that's just me.

Indeed. That's why the Americans need to learn from the mistakes of European nations. But apparently, they don't. It's the same stupid game again. But the US is a young nation that is like a little disorientated child. Without her parents (Europe) showing her the way, they're now doing....stupid things.

Also, wars were fought prior the industrial revolution and the race for African colonies. Yes, there are plenty good reasons you went to war in the past, mostly due to the lack of technology that did not give people the living standards they enjoy today.

PS: You also have been reported for name calling.

Edited by Morgoth