Casey Hudson's letter to the ME community:

We always intended that the scale of the conflict and the underlying theme of sacrifice would lead to a bittersweet ending

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Did get a little chuckle about Vigil telling me it doesn't matter why the Reapers kill everyone every 50,000 years (what years are these anyway..), all I need to do to survive is stop them. With ME3 in mind, I guess he's right. :)

And for a laugh.

Cause it's IGN.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, that's the IGN retort I mentioned earlier. While the guy has a couple of valid points, the general douchebag attitude, his strange mixture of saying "it's capitalism so they have a right as the seller, but it's art so the fans don't have rights as consumers" and such like tends to take away from any positive aspect of his rant.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Of course it matters whether you are being taken for a ride or not. Paying a huge premium for a tiny mission extra dialouge and a party member which nevertheless is very integral to continuity and the plot. Trying to force Bioware to change the ending, that is pretty stupid on the other hand.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

It's funny how people complain about the ending nullifying all your choices but ignore the fact that the game already makes ME 2's main plot pointless. Think abou it.

1. Collectors were a major asset to the Reapers and stopping them would seriously hurt the Reapers, right?

Nope, there's nothing in ME 3 to suggest that the destruction of the Collectors was a big setback for the Reapers. In fact, the Reapers arrived just a few months after the Collectors were destroyed.

2. Destroying the Collectors made Shepard an even bigger hero, helped bring more attention to the Reaper threat, brought the different races together, and gave the galaxy a much better chance against the Reapers, right?

Nope, "The Arrival" completely wiped out all the goodwill Shepard got from destroying the Collectors. People continue to ignore Shepard's warnings and remain ignorant of the Reapers. Everyone is still unprepared.

3. This awesome team you gathered against the Collectors will be a huge asset and continue to fight with you against the Reapers, and that gives me an extra incentive to keep them alive, right?

Nope, the whole team disbanded and went their separate ways after "The Arrival" DLC. A few of your team members do some cool stuff but most of them have other stuff to do and can't/won't fight alongside you.

4. Surely, the decision to keep or destroy the Collector base was significant, whether or not Cerberus is still on my side no doubt depends on it, right?

Nope, Cerberus becomes evil. Destroying the Collector base has no real consequences. Keeping it gives you access to a different ending that's mostly same with the "best" ending.

The thing is that ME2 provided two things to the story (well three if you count Miranda's family issue). It provided the Illusive man as a set up, and it provided EDI to the game world, which are fairly important in ME 3 (also gotta laugh at 7 exobytes I'd adult images hacked int Cerberus computers after they tried to recover her).

However the thing with the collectors was still kind of important because it removed them from the equation. If we hadn't eliminated the collectors, we'd have half the fleet being wiped out by the collectors and a giant human reaper striding around earth like a Titan of Greek myths

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

However the thing with the collectors was still kind of important because it removed them from the equation. If we hadn't eliminated the collectors, we'd have half the fleet being wiped out by the collectors and a giant human reaper striding around earth like a Titan of Greek myths

No, we wouldn't. The collectors had negligible military force (one cruiser, which loses in a pitched fight to a frigate), and thus they never could have really competed that human reaper. They were a non-threat.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Did get a little chuckle about Vigil telling me it doesn't matter why the Reapers kill everyone every 50,000 years (what years are these anyway..), all I need to do to survive is stop them. With ME3 in mind, I guess he's right. :)

And for a laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqgRP5_YKu0

Cause it's IGN.

Oh hai Volourn! :sorcerer:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

BIo fnaboys are cute. They take things so personally and believe BIO owes them something personally. If you don't like DLC don't buy it. Don't like the edning... too bad.. that's the ending youa re stuck with.

I should sue/whine to the FCC about every movie/game/book/tv show producer that makes soemthing i dislike.

I hope thsoe BIo fnaboys are enjoying klapping up that trash called KOTOR MMO.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

No, we wouldn't. The collectors had negligible military force (one cruiser, which loses in a pitched fight to a frigate), and thus they never could have really competed that human reaper. They were a non-threat.

There's more than the one cruiser, cut content from ME3. It's inferred to in ME2, but always a bit unclear.

I admit, I've been a Bio fanboi. Normally that means I'm Defending Bioware...not ashamed at how bioware has been handling itself.

I also give criticism where criticism is due. Bio hasn't done too hot recently in it's releases. Popular theory is that it's the EA influence...we'll see.

Edited by greylord

More than one cruiser, and the cruiser tracked down and mopped the floor with the best frigate in the entire alliance fleet.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well, the Normandy Mrk 2 had a few significant upgrades beyond a standard frigate. And the Collector's ship that we did see was able to spot the Normandy even stealthed, which shows their sensors must be significantly advanced..

Also, who is to say the Collectors would be used as a space navy? Get a shuttle or two loaded with their organic weapons into a planets atmosphere.. boom, handle a serious chunk of population without too much stress. I'd say the Collector's would have made a fairly devcent behind the lines strike force like that.. Plus adds in some Psy-Ops elements..

Did someone say remove the Collectors from the equation? Apparently they're still around. The Miracle at Palaven codex entry mentions them.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Did someone say remove the Collectors from the equation? Apparently they're still around. The Miracle at Palaven codex entry mentions them.

Not sure, but it's more or less confirmed that a part with collectors was cut from the final game. Those assets are a popular choice in "fake ending" conspiracy theories and helpful suggestions of how Bio should dig themselves out of a hole.

Edited by Nepenthe

Not sure, but it's more or less confirmed that a part with collectors was cut from the final game. Those assets are a popular choice in "fake ending" conspiracy theories and helpful suggestions of how Bio should dig themselves out of a hole.

I'm not surprised, but I'd never seen the evidence. They are mentioned as still around and would have made a decent 4th army. I'm expecting them to end up being DLC at some point.

What info is floating about that suggested it?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The thing is that ME2 provided two things to the story (well three if you count Miranda's family issue). It provided the Illusive man as a set up, and it provided EDI to the game world, which are fairly important in ME 3 (also gotta laugh at 7 exobytes I'd adult images hacked int Cerberus computers after they tried to recover her).

There's no reason why the Illusive Man and EDI couldn't have been introduced in ME3. Their actions in ME2 had little impact on ME3's plot.

As for the Reapers the Collectors were building, they've been doing that for two years and EDI says that they still need millions of people to complete it. It's highly unlikely they would have been able to complete it by the time the Reapers invaded. Even then, instead of earth getting attacked by 1,000 Reapers, it gets attacked by 1,001 Reapers, big deal.

Well, the Normandy Mrk 2 had a few significant upgrades beyond a standard frigate.

You win the fight even with an un-upgraded SR2, which is spec'd to the original Normandy (which wasn't even built for pitched combat, mind you).

The **** are the Collectors going to do with a single weak cruiser and a pack of floating eyeballs? They'd be destroyed before they could get close enough to do anything meaningful at all.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

You win the fight even with an un-upgraded SR2, which is spec'd to the original Normandy (which wasn't even built for pitched combat, mind you).

The **** are the Collectors going to do with a single weak cruiser and a pack of floating eyeballs? They'd be destroyed before they could get close enough to do anything meaningful at all.

Not to get too outrightly finnicky, but the SR2 is based off of the original Normandy, but has a whole bunch of upgrades compared to it. That's why it's about twice the size of the original Normandy, and that's before you do any of the character driven upgrades available.

I still tend to view the Collectors as a nasty behind the lines types. They have better sensors, and probably stealth systems (since they have that whole mysterious reputation as slavers and the like).. so getting in close to a planet and dropping a few shuttle loads of their paralyzing bugs, or some other type of biological/nanotech virus across populations? Who needs to face serious defences when you can bypass them like that?