Massive lag issue

Hi first time here,

So I'm a huge fan of KOTOR and KOTOR2. I recently decided to reinstall them. I reinstalled KOTOR and it worked like a charm, KOTOR 2, not so much. I'm running vista x64 and I have an intel i7, two nvidea 9800 gt's, and 6gb RAM . I installed KOTOR2 and patched it up and did the fix to get it to run by replacing the securom and changing CPU affinity and all, the same I did with KOTOR. The problem is, I'm getting massive lag in KOTOR2. No matter my settings, when I move around the ge lags like crazy. Not only that, cutscenes take ages to load. Amy help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

• Like 1

Does this fix it?

Last Chance Graphics Fix

If you are still encountering issues with getting the game to run, there is one last thing you can try which may resolve certain graphics issues if all else fails. Edit your

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

• 4 weeks later...

I think I have the same problem...

I used to play KOTOR2 on my old PC without any problems...but as soon as i bought a new PC (Win7 Professional x64) and installed KOTOR2, i had few issues to deal with, but this is making me mad...after I start KOTOR2, game runs fine for about 2 minutes...then I start to have horrible lags every 10 seconds...lags like on Dantooine (but i have them everywhere) You know, i just move, it freeze and I am on the other side of map....and this happens everywhere, in combat, main menu, conversations...I tried everything I found on internet...running as administrator, Disable Vertex Buffer Objects, updating drivers (ATi HD5570 card), patching game, reinstalling game (about 6x) but nothing really helps...

Any suggestions please?

I had that on XP... right-click your taskbar (at the bottom) and "lock taskbar" (might be different, I just translated how it looks for me in Dutch). Change it from the opposite what it's now.

Then boot up KOTOR2... did that fix your issue?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

I don't actually understand what you mean...when I right-click at the bottom, nothing happens...when I click a little bit above, only "Run Application" option appears...would you please explain more?

Did you try the core affinity thing?

Kotor2 doesn't like anything with more than a single core. Also, I've had games that ran better in Win2000 compatibility mode instead of Win XP compatibility mode. Haven't tried it on Kotor2 though, as I actually have an old P4 Win XP machine tucked away under a table for those old, old games.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

This time you need the Task Manager.

Boot KOTOR2, then start it, find KOTOR 2's process, right click, you'll see "set affinity" (or something resembling it).

Click that, then you get which cores can run with the process. Disable all but one, select ok, then get back in the game...

^

there is only one similar to that and that is "Set Priority" ...when i click it, i have following options:

1. High

2. Higher than normal

3. Normal

4. Lower than normal

5. Low

I have "Normal" ticked...is this what you meant?

No, it should be below it...

^