RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

The PS3 demo was.. decent/good I guess? I wasn't a fan of the command system since it seemed fairly shallow but the shooting seemed punchy and fun, and the robots dismembered just fine. Also nice visuals, all things considered, though maybe a bit drab. As long as you enjoy third-person shooters and aren't going to grab it for $60 it should be fine, I think.

Mitsoda et al are priming Dead State for the Kickstarter treatment.

On the one hand, Mitsoda, and the absolute plum combination of premise and system make me want to pledge a good amount of money. On the other hand, I would really rather not give Codex-related entities any money at all, if I could help it. I'll probably just settle on a low tier as compromise.

Edited by Pop

Uhhh, this has nothing to do with the Codex, unless you mean that Dead State is made by DoubleBear, which is affiliated with Iron Tower, which is run by Vince, who used to be a Codex dude about eight years ago... yeah.

With Banner Saga and Dead State these are existing games, so will be interesting to see how that works. Personally not that excited about Dead State but we'll see where my money goes. (Ironically, Double Fine is the only one to get my money so far but I'm least interested in that game.)

" which is run by Vince, who used to be a Codex dude about eight years ago... yeah."

Still is...

Anyways, I would never donate to a Kickstarter charity unless I got a cut of the profits.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Binary Domain gets PC release next month

Looks cool, anybody played it?

Edit: Pre-order on Steam possible now. April 6th release date.

That was quick.

That's actually interesting.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Binary Domain gets PC release next month

Looks cool, anybody played it?

Edit: Pre-order on Steam possible now. April 6th release date.

That was quick.

Wow, excellent news. Right now I'm doing a second playthrough, I generally don't like TPS but the shooting in Binary Domain is soo good. Love the bosses and even the encounters with normal enemies are great. And shooting off robot heads, who then start attacking other robots never gets old. Then you have likeable teammates, upgradeable weapons/stats/trust, intriguing story with multiple endings (and two sewer/waste levels) :thumbsup:

Of course they announce the Binary Domain PC releave a day after I give up on ever owning it and read the spoilers. -.-

Ah come on. Everybody knows that it was inevitable BD would come to the PC. I mean a third-person shooter just lends itself perfectly for that.

That they were so quick about it though really surprised it. Would be cool if they also release the demo on Steam.

Just pledged for Wasteland 2 and the Banner Saga too, so with Double Fine that's three preordered games for $40. I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy at least one of them enough to be worth that. I'll dump $100+ for an Obsidian one if it eventuates.

Not sure about Dead State, I never thought it looked very fun a concept, and I detest zombies and sci-fi in most forms. Still, you never know.

How long is the game?

Around 10 hours.

If that's 10 hours of non-stop action, that's good. ME3 would frankly also be 10 hours without all the non-skippable cutscenes and inane fetch quests. Binary Domain looks much better, surprised there's not much buzz about it.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable failure of a hotly anticipated kickstarter title to drive the whole system into the ground.

Since Schafer everyone and their grandmother is starting a title on it, whether anyone needs it or not.

I don't think a system based mostly on trust and good will cannot function like that for an extended period of time.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

May 15th is going to be my one year wedding anniversary. I tried explaining to my wife that diablo 3 was really important, she did not listen.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.