Mass Effect 3

Gorth

Either that trailer caused me physical pain or I've got kidney stones.

Or you could do what I do, form your own opinion and not care what magazines, websites, forum trolls or creepy people who make effigies of video game characters care. :p

Thats a bit like biting into a cake that might be poisoned. It might not be , but by the time you find out it's too late.

Yeah, it's a lot better to ask if it's poisoned from a bunch of people who are probably trying to poison you.

Or you could do what I do, form your own opinion and not care what magazines, websites, forum trolls or creepy people who make effigies of video game characters care. :p

So basically you're here because you have low blood pressure and need to raise it, I take it?

Well, I originally came here because of Alpha Protocol, stayed because this was a good source of info (and still often is) and lacked people making effigies (though with Prosper, I'm no longer so sure about that). Now, I guess it's mostly a habit. It does make a good break from dissertation writing, even if a major chunk of posts these days seem to come from the tvtropes hatedumb and fandumb pages. :)

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Yeah, it's a lot better to ask if it's poisoned from a bunch of people who are probably trying to poison you.

I usually do it like this.

1. Pre-order - Either I want the CE irrespective of the game or I have confidence in the maker. Not that concered if I like the game as long as the quality was good. FFXIII for example is a game I did not like,but really did nothing wrong. I grabbed FFXIII-2 and no regrets there, actually prefer it.

2. Buy from shop - The game looks interesting but either the demo was "iffy" or there was no demo. Makes it easy to return

3. Rental - The developers have annoyed me in some way and I don't want to give them any money. The last release was bad.Or the game looks "iffy" or a combination of the two.

Okay.. either I'm totally missing something.. or no-ones really paying attention...

The whole Mass Effect Space Edition competition? Various cities around the world launching weather balloons with copies of the game and you track the gps condition and you might be able to get that copy of the game..

But you have to fill out a form on the website to take part.. and part of it includes reading the "rules of entry"..

2. Eligibility. This Contest is only open to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry and who had Internet access as of February 16, 2012. Employees of Electronic Arts Inc. ("Sponsor") and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies ("Sponsor and its Agents") and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible. Contest is void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law. All federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply.

Now is it me, or doesn't that automatically disqualify the majority of people in Berlin and London..? :blink:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

That's pretty common contest boilerplate.

True, but some of those balloons are being launched in London and Berlin..so you'd think they'd pay a wee bit of attention to those contest boilerplates.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Okay.. either I'm totally missing something.. or no-ones really paying attention...

You probably need to work more on your sales speech, because whatever it is you are selling, I am not paying for that, yet.. :p

Well, they should probably have done a (Normandy) ship in a bottle.. closer to home. Considering that everybody in ME space speaks american, or canadian or whatever that language from somewhere on the continent of America is that they speak, I think it's reasonable to assume that they would think anything in space would drop in America too.. Like aliens, who also only seem to pick America, of all countries, ever to visit..

(Signatures: disabled) 

I blame lag.

Not really, I definitely underestimated Vanguards. I also found out Atlases have a one-hit kill move. I mean kill, no bleed out, just die. Who knew? I thought it and I were having a delightful boxing match before that.

Rumormill time.

Spoiler value: -5 no spoiler content, but might rage

Love interest endings are bugged unless you romanced an ME1 interest.

Spoiler value: 3-7, subjective spoiler content kept vague

Bioware does not like Renegades, do they?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I read that spoiler. It seems I did everything right. (According to BioWare)

I blame lag.

Not really, I definitely underestimated Vanguards. I also found out Atlases have a one-hit kill move. I mean kill, no bleed out, just die. Who knew? I thought it and I were having a delightful boxing match before that.

Yeah, Vanguards are a beat but play havok on my nerves as I'm constantly switching between 100% and 0% shields. I can only play a few rounds before my nerves are shot.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I also found out Atlases have a one-hit kill move. I mean kill, no bleed out, just die. Who knew? I thought it and I were having a delightful boxing match before that.

Are you sure about that? I thought and still think there are a few bugs. Sometimes you just die in this game for no apparent reason. Also happened in the demo a few times. Like ZOINK; no blood or anything to reveal cause of death.. Not like there is really anything to reveal that, no bullet holes or anything.. Apart from the Female Krogan of part 2 of the demo that blow two Cerberus away with Wrex's shotgun I don't remember any blood splattered and death rattling enemies lying around.. It's so clean.. It also happened once when I was ducking for cover with no enemies close..

(Signatures: disabled) 

I read that spoiler. It seems I did everything right. (According to BioWare)

I blame lag.

Yeah, Vanguards are a beat but play havok on my nerves as I'm constantly switching between 100% and 0% shields. I can only play a few rounds before my nerves are shot.

I haven't read that spoiler. What is this about them...anyone care to share?

My first character I was going to use for ME3 had romanced Ashley...but left her to die...

:devil:

Therefore I was able to romance another character from ME2.

How would that play out?

Edited by greylord

Rumormill time.

Spoiler value: -5 no spoiler content, but might rage

Love interest endings are bugged unless you romanced an ME1 interest.

Spoiler value: 3-7, subjective spoiler content kept vague

Bioware does not like Renegades, do they?

BioWare.png

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Are you sure about that? I thought and still think there are a few bugs.

Yeah, I'm sure. Phantoms also have one. There's a special animation. Phantoms will skewer you with their sword. The Atlas picked my Krogan up and crushed him.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Are you sure about that? I thought and still think there are a few bugs.

Yeah, I'm sure. Phantoms also have one. There's a special animation. Phantoms will skewer you with their sword. The Atlas picked my Krogan up and crushed him.

Yup, those are the only two things that can kill a Vanguard mid charge/nova as well.

Phantoms and Atlases both have an insta-death move at melee range. The Phantom one you can't even revive from.

I'm just going to leave this here...

post-1288-0-36234600-1330391642_thumb.jpg

Bah. Boring. I expected two gold headshots medals.

Headshots are for infiltrators.

Speaking of which, a Salarian infiltrator just solo'ed gold.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.