TIM CAIN STAYS

C2B

Avellone Tweet

My heart grew three sizes today when Tim Cain said yep, it was official - he was going to stay and work with us full-time.

It's the best day an Obsidian fan could possibly have. (As a fan of course)

Edited by C2B
  • Like 1

So will he be working on South Park ? Anyway, congratulations on getting a full time posting.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finally some good news along with all the "person X is leaving Obsidian" stuff. Good times indeed. :wowey:

Edited by Undecaf
  • Like 1

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Arcanum's lead designer is now working for the best company when it comes to stories and worldbuilding?

Best video games news of the year! I remembered back in the day when Troika closed his doors and Tim decided to work with Garriott on... a MMORPG. I wept that day, men. I wept.

• Like 1

someone from a company with a reputation for bugs joining a company with a reputation for bugs... I reserve judgement or hope they cancel each other out and result in bug free products.

Go play DS3 and then come back.

• Like 2

Hate the living, love the dead.

Yeah, Troika had a well-deserved reputation for buggy titles, and yeah, they were bad at planning. But God, if that's what you see or think when you see this news... you're an empty and hollow person son :(

Maybe so. I played a lot of games after the fact (like years after release) so my attitude is likely to be somewhat different to someone who experienced things "in the day"

@Flouride DS3 was a solid title granted. But it will take something with a bit more ambition to shake that reputation.

Edited by BobSmith101

Maybe so. I played a lot of games after the fact (like years after release) so my attitude is likely to be somewhat different to someone who experienced things "in the day"

@Flouride DS3 was a solid title granted. But it will take something with a bit more ambition to shake that reputation.

Or maybe you should replay any Bethesda title ever made. Or actually consider the fact that they are now using their own tech, instead of someone elses horrible code without proper support when things do go wrong.

• Like 1

Hate the living, love the dead.