Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Editions Announced

Lorfean

I think that's the opening combat tutorial.

I think you're right.

I'd recognise those Xvarts anywhere.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I think that's the opening combat tutorial.

I think you're right.

I'd recognise those Xvarts anywhere.

Took me 5 years to realise BG2 had a tutorial :blush:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Have we heard if they'll be rolling BG2/ToB improvements into BG1? By which I mean will Wild Mage be available?

Edit: I see that twitter comment on the last page pretty much confirmed it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Have we heard if they'll be rolling BG2/ToB improvements into BG1? By which I mean will Wild Mage be available?

Edit: I see that twitter comment on the last page pretty much confirmed it.

Yes, pretty much confirmed seems to be the case. Also dual wielding.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Already there with Tutu. Of course they have to do it, this edition needs to do everything mods do and more.

Green water or no sale! :p

I tweeted a question about character sprites to Trent (if they'll be improved/changed), let's see if he replies

PS: I've been on twitter for 10 minutes and I hate it already

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

I tweeted a question about character sprites to Trent (if they'll be improved/changed), let's see if he replies

PS: I've been on twitter for 10 minutes and I hate it already

I'm surprised, you who usually see the positive in everything.

:p

I'd like to see Obsidian making it

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Game completely set within the titular city (assuming new editions of the setting haven't destroyed it, no idea). Combat-light unless you go out of your way to antagonise people and factions. Small/optional party size. Personal story, no "save the Realms" guff.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

So I've been reading that if this does well we might potentially get a BG3. I would like to have another adventure along the Sword Coast, see the effects of the previous games. What would you like to see?

More of the same. Problem's, of course, that they have to reboot it in some way, so tying it into the first two parts is going to be a challenge.

Not a lot they can do with PST, since it's unlikely they'll actually restore cut content from the original design document, and they sure as hell can't write new dialogue or quests. So I guess just usability concerns - PST on the latest IE codebase could be nice, as long as that's all they do.

Adding some more abilities and AI scripts to enemies wouldn't hurt, either.

They want to do Planescape: Torment - Enhanced Edition. I'm not sure I want it from Overhaul though :(

There is already an amazing UI/widescreen mod for Torment and the game's camera is more zoomed in by default, providing larger and more detaled sprites than the BG and IWD series, which already makes it more suited to higher resolutions, so I'm not sure what they could do to "enhance" it further. I would much rather see them tackle Icewind Dale next, which has not received the attention its siblings have enjoyed in terms of engine conversion and UI mods.

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

They want to do Planescape: Torment - Enhanced Edition. I'm not sure I want it from Overhaul though :(

There is already an amazing UI/widescreen mod for Torment and the game's camera is more zoomed in by default, providing larger and more detaled sprites than the BG and IWD series, which already makes it more suited to higher resolutions, so I'm not sure what they could do to "enhance" it further. I would much rather see them tackle Icewind Dale next, which has not received the attention its siblings have enjoyed in terms of engine conversion and UI mods.

You know what would totally rock? Arcanum, Enhanced Edition.

No number of enhancements is going to fix that wreck of a game.

• Like 1