Co-op multiplayer camera patch/fix/mod/hack

Hi all!

A buddy and I bought this game the other day to play multiplayer coop on over the internet, as we were looking for a high-quality action RPG to play together for PC. Single player is great, but we bought the game to experience it together, not solo. Unfortunately, the game's nearly unplayable with the terrible tethered cameras.

I've been looking all over the forums and developer blog posts, but I still can't find it:

Is there any developer comment out there anywhere about when a patch/mod/anything will be available to fix this? I haven't seen a game with a tethered camera on a PC action game in... well, in all recallable memory. This is by far the largest shortcoming of the game - fixing this would increase our overall enjoyment of it by a great deal.

So. Has anyone out there found an official word/post on this one matter?

• 1 month later...

A few of my friends are testing a fix/mod to fix the camera tethering issue. So far... everything works great! We are trying to figure out a way to "package" the fix into a file or two instead of listing a long "how to". Not sure if we are aloud to make mods... or post email addresses... so if you want to ask me anything, just reply to this thread.

Nothing that "forbids" the posting of mail addresses (assuming it's your own) per se, but it's not a very good idea, as spam bots crawl all over the internet harvesting email addresses for spam databases.

Just sayin' ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Nothing that "forbids" the posting of mail addresses ... but it's not a very good idea...

Yeah, you might end up having some strange bastard email you, eh Gorth. hehe Seriously, though, there must be some place to serve up the file if you get it finished and tested a bit. That would be an awesome service for the community.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Ideally he/they would have some kind of home page for their mod project (either on their own or hosted by somebody). It would be a perfectly good idea to post a link to it then :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 4 weeks later...

A few of my friends are testing a fix/mod to fix the camera tethering issue. So far... everything works great! We are trying to figure out a way to "package" the fix into a file or two instead of listing a long "how to". Not sure if we are aloud to make mods... or post email addresses... so if you want to ask me anything, just reply to this thread.

I'd really like to know how to fix this too. Can you post some details here?

K, I made a website with detail on how to enable the console and how to un-tether the multiplayer game. I'm still working on it though, but figured I'd go ahead and post it so whoever can give me tips and find other ways to make the gameplay better.

https://sites.google.com/site/dungeonsiege3mod

or

www.tinyurl.com/ds3mod

Please forgive the un-complete site and leave feedback and help make this game more fun to play multiplayer. (Camera mod pls!)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

thanks for the website im just having a tough time finding a way to resolve local co op top down stuckness.

if i could just, Be able to make the top down perma zoomed out alot more than zoomed in. or not be bound by the camera.

Im playing with my woman at home sharing the screen. but we both notice and complain about being stuck together and the camera. Its getting us killed because we play in hardcore. reducing the multiplayer tether to even negative amounts doesnt do anything were stuck to the same screen. i was playing with console forever till i burned out.

If theres a Dev or console guru anywhere that can tell me how to make the offline local co op 1pc not have such a bad stuck together camera and so close also... or letting me which file the camera settings for the game are maybe could tinker with it.

i was going through console commands all day yesterday and got burned out. its a nightmare. I was loooking at Sacah's site even they have given up.

U know Id like the Camera to stay the way it is in SINGLE player. and let player 2 just control the other hero. Being forced into the tether and Camera makes it so that you can get killed pretty easy stuck to things. Is there a command for Camera to follow player 1 or something?