Mass Effect 3

Gorth

One even preordered a CE just for MP. :facepalm:

Hey, even in the Demo, which is free, and open to everyone at this point, occasionally it's a little slower with the MP. Most times I've had it where I join up and the match starts almost immediately, but there have been times when it's gotten pretty long waiting. If those periods are hitting during the demo when it's free to everyone without having to buy a game...I'm not that optimistic about how it's going to be when the full game and MP come out.

One even preordered a CE just for MP. :facepalm:

Hey, even in the Demo, which is free, and open to everyone at this point, occasionally it's a little slower with the MP. Most times I've had it where I join up and the match starts almost immediately, but there have been times when it's gotten pretty long waiting. If those periods are hitting during the demo when it's free to everyone without having to buy a game...I'm not that optimistic about how it's going to be when the full game and MP come out.

Linking it in to get the best ending could end up backfiring ?

Edited by BobSmith101

Never liked the ME2 vanguard. My cautious nature drove me to the Sentinel. :p

That's odd, because the Sentinel is best played kind of like a Vanguard-without-Charge. At range, use your Warp/Overload. But when you get a chance, rush in close, let them shoot your shields down to get the AOE damage/knockdown effect, and give 'em a good punch/bullet in the mouth.

The cautious player's choice is the Infiltrator. Snipe 'em, and if they get too close, cloak and run away.

I never got around to playing a Vanguard in ME2. I spent most of my time with Soldiers and Infiltrators lining up headshots, but I had a match where the other three people were Vanguards and seeing everyone bounce around like crazy convinced me to try it out.

Sentinel has been nerfed in the demo at least. Tech Armour is almost useless. You only get 30-40% damage reduction at maximum levels, the explosion is manually triggered and it hurts the cooldown for your other powers!

That's odd, because the Sentinel is best played kind of like a Vanguard-without-Charge. At range, use your Warp/Overload. But when you get a chance, rush in close, let them shoot your shields down to get the AOE damage/knockdown effect, and give 'em a good punch/bullet in the mouth.

The cautious player's choice is the Infiltrator. Snipe 'em, and if they get too close, cloak and run away.

Engineer is another good one for cautious players. Very power based and the drone is a good decoy.

Linking it in to get the best ending could end up backfiring ?

Either there really aren't that many people playing the game or there might be an issue with the match making. Searching for a game with any settings I have never once been placed in a game in progress. It's been pretty 50/50 between full lobbies and leader only lobbies where I'm pretty sure the other person has gone idle.

I don't think linking the best ending to multi is going to backfire on them as they have repeatedly said it is possible to get the best ending without going online and from what I've seen the multi has been pretty well received even among those that were skeptical of the concept to begin with.

Edited by Deraldin

You're right, I didn't really put it well. In ME2 sentinel allowed me to maintain a steady, aggressive pace for advancing without suicidal leaps or having to turtle. Doesn't look it will in ME3, as it doesn't even replenish your shield when activated. So the class thing is still a bit on the drawing board at casa Nepenthe.

Meanwhile:

(2 discs again on x360)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Just play Vanguard. Level charge to max and spam it. If at any point there is an enemy on screen and you aren't using charge, you are doing it wrong.

You haven't met the wonder of a Krogan Soldier. Everything Vanguard does, but with better protection and faster attack.

If you melee one guy to death, you can then melee everyone else with a single hit. You can two-hit Atlases with the right combo of Fortification and Rage.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So you guys aren't commenting Day 1 DLC extra companion that's free only with CE( Or so they tell me.) ?

Well, since it doesn't cost me anything more, why should I? ;P

So you guys aren't commenting Day 1 DLC extra companion that's free only with CE( Or so they tell me.) ?

I was more outraged at Exiled Prince. That wasn't even free for day 1 purchasers of any kind. Only pre-orders.

Day 1 DLC is not really any different from month 3 DLC. Sometimes that's what it is from a development perspective.

I was more outraged at Exiled Prince. That wasn't even free for day 1 purchasers of any kind. Only pre-orders.

Day 1 DLC is not really any different from month 3 DLC. Sometimes that's what it is from a development perspective.

Frankly, complaining about Day 1 DLC that you can get for free in some release of the game is IMHO just stupid. They're providing the people who chose to not buy a special edition the option of acquiring it immediately. The other possibilities would be to either keep it exclusive to the limited version, or release it to the general public months down the road. I find the method adopted here the best possible one of the alternatives.

The best possible alternative would be to not segment your game development and withold pieces from people who don't buy a more expensive version of the game.

Regardless, it doesn't matter for me - I'll be waiting for the bundle edition with all the DLC for less than the original price of the game down the road. This likely isn't a day-1 purchase for me.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Frankly, complaining about Day 1 DLC that you can get for free in some release of the game is IMHO just stupid. They're providing the people who chose to not buy a special edition the option of acquiring it immediately. The other possibilities would be to either keep it exclusive to the limited version, or release it to the general public months down the road. I find the method adopted here the best possible one of the alternatives.

But it's a protean not just some random character. They build a whole mythology around these guys, even if it doesn't tell anything new, it's still quite annoying to some apparently. I don't care, if i'm buying i'm buying the Digital deluxe edition anyway, but others i know are complaining. Just looking for extra opinions.

edit: apparently it's not a final decision yet anyway.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

The best possible alternative would be to not segment your game development

That's more or less impossible. Far before release, you have developers with little to nothing to do. They get content locked. What do you do with them?

You can shift them over to DLC or you can get them working on a new game. Either way, people aren't getting that new project for free.

• Like 1

They are in the business to make money and rather sooner than later, but anything will be sold. Having a special limited edition with content that you can't get any other way, would be a rather stupid move of Bioware, because there will be lots of people that would like to buy that stuff separately. Giving people an incentive to pay sooner rather than later is a good move, but I am sure that everyone get to pay something for it. I think it will all be available for Bioware credits or what's it called, but the combined price will probably be higher, because that's how their business is.

• Like 1

(Signatures: disabled) 

says everything really. I agree with the inclusion of online passes to encourage buying new over used. I've never been assaulted by a clerk trying to sell me used over new.

By renting from Blockbuster I'm not giving money to EA/Bioware abd I don't have to boycott the game. Although if the demo is indicative of the overall quality I may just not care.

I would post a spoiler waring but it seems that ship has sailed.

• Like 1

Well, won't bother me much overall, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hehe.. Rolls eyes at self. I thought he was trying to dub it differently at first, because it seemed like the voice was lip syncing, mostly with Cpt. Admiral Anderson, but as the female shepard and Ashley moved their lips too it got weird.. after five minutes it was just noise, sorry. :wacko:

I notice that he's sprinting through part 1.. I did that too.. I wonder if everybody did..

It sucks to have to pay for extra content, but I don't think it's unethical.

(Signatures: disabled) 

Hehe.. Rolls eyes at self. I thought he was trying to dub it differently at first, because it seemed like the voice was lip syncing, mostly with Cpt. Admiral Anderson, but as the female shepard and Ashley moved their lips too it got weird.. after five minutes it was just noise, sorry. :wacko:

I notice that he's sprinting through part 1.. I did that too.. I wonder if everybody did..

It sucks to have to pay for extra content, but I don't think it's unethical.

First time I walked really slowly looking at everything. Big mistake as it turns out I saw the gimpy animation, the 2d sprites and the scripted nature of the Reaper attack. Maybe they were banking on people running and not noticing.

It's because it's a Prothean and not just some random guy. Protheans have been part of ME lore from the start to make one options is just a cyncal money grab.

Edited by BobSmith101

DLC is always a money grab. Giving people DLC they want should not be reviled more than the rest. We complain when the DLC is lame. And now we complain when it's cool.

Is the DLC well integrated? Y: It was cut to steal our money. N: They're lazy.

Is the DLC character neat? Y: They're ripping us off with an inferior main game. N: Not worth it.

Is there DLC at all? Y: Money grubbers. N: But I want moooooore. Why do you hate money?

I am frankly convinced that there is no winning.

One has to wonder whether at some point they'll just release a character creator as the main game and have the rest carved out for dlc, got to be running through some Bioware executives head right now.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm probably very late in mentioning this, but it would kinda blow if you had to install a seperate ditital distribution system for every developer who wanted to get in on the action. It would be like having 30 reaplayers on your system doing god know waht in the background.

Edited by Gorgon
  • Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.