Mass Effect 3

Gorth

Well, that trailer wasn't that bad and the bits of dialogue were funny. Something weird about her expression during the action-type stuff.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Thank goodness it's not Admiral Shepard.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm glad my Shepard's dead.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Commander Shepard found the secret weapon to destroy the Reapers....

--and it's some friggin' gun!

The way it looks, the gun is actually just needed to mark the target and the attack comes from a satellite. Sorta like the Helios One thing in New Vegas, or that thing in Gears of War the name of which I don't remember.

Sorta reminds me of these babylon 5 episodes, with these indestructible Shadows massacring the entire galaxy, yet eventually they raised some friggin' fleet of supa-dupa Minbari ships and - voila - Shadows were all of a sudden not invincible anymore.

Also, the Collectors looks like the friggin Chiggs from Space Above & Beyond.

But it's okay to rip off other's work, at least just have the balls to admit it and not claim it's all your invention.

The way it looks, the gun is actually just needed to mark the target and the attack comes from a satellite. Sorta like the Helios One thing in New Vegas, or that thing in Gears of War the name of which I don't remember.

A laser marker? You mean, like in Gears of War?

Hammer of Dawn.

Rather large for just a laser marker, but it does look like some sort of orbital strike takes it out.

There was one of those in C&C:Red Alert too. I Remember using it to blow up the Whitehouse when playing as Kains side. First one I recall seeing in a game, altough there are a couple in some of the older animes too.

I think they just wrote themselves into a corner at some point and any semeblence of sense was forgotten. But as long as you can have big explosions that will work on a lot of people.

A laser marker? You mean, like in Gears of War?

That's exactly what I said and you quoted, down to the comparison.

The main question that video raised: what ever happened to the brilliant soundtrack of ME1?

I've had enough of these pseudo-hollywood "epic" orchestral soundtracks. ME1's 80's electronic vibe was a welcome, refreshing change. It fit the atmosphere prefectly. The music in that video, however, was generic as hell. What happened?

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

The main question that video raised: what ever happened to the brilliant soundtrack of ME1?

I've had enough of these pseudo-hollywood "epic" orchestral soundtracks. ME1's 80's electronic vibe was a welcome, refreshing change. It fit the atmosphere prefectly. The music in that video, however, was generic as hell. What happened?

I'll agree with you on ME1's soundtrack. That has to be one of the most awesome soundtracks in the past decade for a Video game!

I think that's it. I also seem to remember that the orbital strike just tickles the reaper from past trailers, but I could be getting my scenes mixed up.

I've had enough of these pseudo-hollywood "epic" orchestral soundtracks. ME1's 80's electronic vibe was a welcome, refreshing change. It fit the atmosphere prefectly.

Something I can totally agree with, also suspect it was the reason Jack Wall got canned afterwards.

Clint Mansell is composing for ME3, that's like, one of the only good things to really look forward to.

He's just one of a team, which also includes Sam Hulick (of ME1 and ME2), Chris Lennertz (ME2 dlcs) and Sonic Mayhem (Kasumi - which had the most ME1-like score of the ME2 releases). From what I've seen the guys tweet etc., I'm expecting something a lot more like ME1. Not making the call on trailer audio, though, a lot of it's been recycled anyway.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Anyone who doesn't like that at least a little tiny bit hasn't a soul.

The beginning was promising, but it didn't really develop as I'd have liked. Again, there's too much orchestral stuff - keep it electronic, keep it futuristic.

I'll agree with you on ME1's soundtrack. That has to be one of the most awesome soundtracks in the past decade for a Video game!

ME1 and Sins of a Solar Empire have the two best video game soundtracks of the past decade, I'd say.

Nepenthe, I hope you're right about ME3's soundtrack being more like that of the first game, because the second game's music was just boring and generic, it left me completely cold. ME1's soundtrack, on the other hand, really stuck with me - it was unique, it was interesting, and it fit the atmosphere *so damn well.*

Edited by Oblarg

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Good music to watch civilians die en masse to.