Mass Effect 3

Gorth

that design looks awesome, getting a very cool metal gear vibe from it.

im not going to touch the stupidity of the plot twist, but thats another issue completely, and one i think is pretty irrelevant since the overall plot has never mattered to me in this series.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Confirmed: TIM is a friggin' Reaper!!!11 Who wudda thought dat?

It was thought about a long time ago (conversation from May last year) :p

---

Maybe they got taken over by some Reaper mind control thing. Yeah.

My 'why not' guess explanation: TIM has always been on the side of the Reapers. But the Reapers aren't monolithic. The Reaper handling the Collectors was part of a splinter group, going off the reservation with their "human reaper" experiments. TIM, allied with the main horde, was working towards the same goal via a different path-- making Shep into badass zombie cyborg. That he could test this badass zombie cyborg by using it to capture/destroy the work of a rival Reaper faction was a nice bonus. There is, as I see it, a certain similarity between both the Collectors' and Cerberus' pre-ME2 activities (sampling different weird galactic species and experimenting on them, etc.).

Ah yes, makes sense. It's the faction that wants to build bigger and bigger reapers versus the faction that wants to build small, flexible Sheperd sized reapers. He is the 'prototype' without knowing it, getting pitted against the evolutionary dinosaurs of Reaperdom. There can be only one :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Confirmed: TIM is a friggin' Reaper!!!11 Who wudda thought dat?

Seriously, What the F? Does BW hired M. Night Shamalan to retcon the hell out of ME3

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I suggested that as a possibility only about a dozen or so posts ago, as apparently did Enoch, at least, previous with no prior knowledge. I don't think it can classify as a retcon under those conditions, especially as there were hints at it from the start (those oh so subtle close ups on Miranda's ass TIM's eyes).

Don't they talk about (and I'm gonna use spoiler tags)

indoctrination?

In that case it makes perfect sense. Well, okay, maybe not perfect, but while we don't know the circumstances, it's not an outright retcon. I'm p. sure the horrible comics with

TIM's backstory

already say that

he has undergone partial indoctrination

anyway.

Can you put whole pictures into a spoiler tag? I never tried.

Yes. I just experimented on your post ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I don't argue with people, I disagree with opinions (well, in theory, anyway, sometimes I get carried away). When an opinion has been refuted a lot better than I ever could, there's little point in me contributing further.

Also:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

TIM would have made a decent end boss at the end of ME2 if it had turned out he was playing you from the start. But with the scale of ME3 after presumably getting rid of 100's of Reapers it just screams anti climax. Who knows after ME2 and DA2 they may well manage to come up with an end boss that is more stupid than anyone can imagine... Or it might be third time lucky.

The transformation/indoctrination thing is from one of the books. It's why his eyes look weird.

Well figured he'd end up as a bad guy, although maybe as some DLC where Shepherd tidies up Cereberus.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I guess that TIM as the bad guy is a plausible answer to having Cerberus as a bad guy on ME3. It just really makes Shep look stupid for having spent all ME2 hauling ass for them.

Also I get this nagging feeling that this a cheap plot device, but then again this ME and BW. I shouldn't hope for much.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I really hate that STEAM can't keep track of my DLCs for ME2, I am forced to deal with BIoware's juvinile and inept store again. No I don't remember the passworld, I never envisioned looking at it twice. ugh,, screw it, not going to replay ME2 now.

What? You download the stuff from bioware social/registered game promotions, you don't need to go anywhere near any of their stores.

Or from anywhere really, it'll do the authentication automatically.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I really hate that STEAM can't keep track of my DLCs for ME2, I am forced to deal with BIoware's juvinile and inept store again. No I don't remember the passworld, I never envisioned looking at it twice. ugh,, screw it, not going to replay ME2 now.

What? You download the stuff from bioware social/registered game promotions, you don't need to go anywhere near any of their stores.

Or from anywhere really, it'll do the authentication automatically.

I had trouble with my login information a few months back. I actually ended up calling customer support. They were fairly helpful and I was able to setup a new login with my old registered games.

I guess that TIM as the bad guy is a plausible answer to having Cerberus as a bad guy on ME3. It just really makes Shep look stupid for having spent all ME2 hauling ass for them.

Also I get this nagging feeling that this a cheap plot device, but then again this ME and BW. I shouldn't hope for much.

My thoughts exactly. If they were planning this from the start, they could have at the very least given Shepard & Co. some better reasons for working for TIM in ME2 other than "herp derp Collectors!" Admittedly, it's a bit more coherent now - it's understandable that TIM would send Shepard to find a crew and attack the relay alone because he'd know that the Collector base is nearly-undefended, so that particular plot hole is closed. Unfortunately, it raises the issue of why Shepard is dumb enough to go along with the whole thing. After all, TIM may know these things, but Shepard (and his crew, which ostensibly contains some very smart people) does not, and I have a really hard time believing anyone with an ounce of sense would agree to TIM's directives of how to prepare for the suicide mission when without that information they simply make no goddamn sense.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I don't argue with people, I disagree with opinions (well, in theory, anyway, sometimes I get carried away). When an opinion has been refuted a lot better than I ever could, there's little point in me contributing further.

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pShKKOV_gA

Looks good, but kinda disappointing that the Reapers have gone from invulnerable space gods in ME1 to mooks that can be blown apart in one shot.

Maybe I'm wrong, though, and that thing at the end of the video is not a Reaper?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Looks good, but kinda disappointing that the Reapers have gone from invulnerable space gods in ME1 to mooks that can be blown apart in one shot.

Maybe I'm wrong, though, and that thing at the end of the video is not a Reaper?

It's pretty clear BioWare wrote the plot of ME1 without any particular consideration for possible sequels, and then couldn't figure out any feasible way to have you defeat the foe as they were originally presented so they had to scramble to reduce them to a much less imposing enemy.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies