ELI WINS THE SUPERBOWL! ELI WINS THE SUPERBOWL! ELI WINS THE SUPERBOWL!

Volourn

Now.. let's hear the reasons why the best player ever is not elite? The guy is just magic when it matters! And, the best part is that he brings the best out of his teammates and makes them look better than they actually are.

Tom Bray = 3 time super bowl champ who just can't deal with the pressure of facing off the ELIte One!

Still, a great superbowl played by both teams.

I won't lie.. there was times when I thoguht the G Men were finished as it looked liked Brady seemingly had them figured out. :)

Kudos to Tynes, Manningham, and Tuck for superb games despite not winning the MVP. And, good job by the Pats oline for doing as well as they did. Not easy to stop the Giant front four.

WOO HOOD! NEW YORK GIANTS AND ELI MANNING WIN IT ALL!!!

P.S. First team in NFL history to win a SB without winning 10 games in the regular season.

FUN FACT: Last season, NY missed the playoffs when they went 10-6 and they went 9-7 this season! Sweeeeeeeetttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It was a great game to watch. Too bad there are no sports to watch until baseball kicks off in April.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Pitchers report in 13 days.

It was a good game, I was happy the Giants won. I'm not really a fan of either team, but the Patriots have that sort of evil empire thing going on like the Yankees, and it's better to root for the underdog.

Eli is definitely an elite quarterback. The first Superbowl win for him was a bit more about team defense, but he carried this team this season all the way to the championship.

Brady deserved to lose after that pointless hail mary bull**** when he gave up that interception. No one should win after such a blatantly stupid, ego-driven pass attempt. Any sane quarterback would have thrown the ball away there...

Edited by Oblarg

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Kind of an odd halftime show too. I thought Madonna was decent, I liked her bit with Celo (C-Lo?) the best. It was better than the Black Eyed Peas and The Who.

Nothing like Prince wailing away on a purple guitar in the sleet and wind, but that is probably never going to be bested anyways.

Kind of an odd halftime show too. I thought Madonna was decent, I liked her bit with Celo (C-Lo?) the best. It was better than the Black Eyed Peas and The Who.

Nothing like Prince wailing away on a purple guitar in the sleet and wind, but that is probably never going to be bested anyways.

Cee Lo

And I'm pretty sure that Madonna was pretty much lip synching the entire thing as she never deviated from the initial recordings at ALL, and never gave a more personal thing.

The way the friends I saw it with viewed it was "mediocre until LMFAO appeared on stage, then it went down hill, with Cee Lo bringing it up a bit". Biggest annoyance is you have Cee Lo (who has one of the biggest pop songs EVER in "F*** You") and you don't use that at all, instead giving things to LMFAO (who are honestly a giant joke) and those two.... females.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Sorry Vol but, Brady>Peyton>Eli.

Interest now is what will the Colts do with Peyton.

Too bad there are no sports to watch until baseball kicks off in April.

Seriously what you got against Basketball? You know apart Miami $.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

"Sorry Vol but, Brady>Peyton>Eli."

Is that the same Brady that Eli has now beaten twice when it matters most? Problem with Brady is seems to let the pressure get to him - see his lacklustre game vs the Ravens or how he acted in today's game when things went poorly. Meanwhile, Eli lets NOTHING bother him. Sacks, dropped passes, penalties, etc., etc., nothing fazes him AT ALL.

Totally sweet.

ELI 4 EVAR!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

And I'm pretty sure that Madonna was pretty much lip synching the entire thing as she never deviated from the initial recordings at ALL, and never gave a more personal thing.

I wasn't sure if she lip synched the whole thing, at first I thought it was clearly synched since she was dancing quite a bit, but later in the performance the sound was changing a bit when the mic moved away from her mouth. It doesn't bother me much when dancers lip synch. I wanted to see more dancing from Madonna actually, but she is like 50 now, so I still thought she did pretty well. At least it didn't put me to sleep like the last few years.