What you did today

Rosbjerg

Constant sniffling and sneezing now, had thought this was allergies but now a cough to go with it. Hmph, sick day tomorrow then!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And I'm realising I must have been really distracted this morning.. The lesson to be learnt is never to post when you have dogs jumping around your seat and pawing at you..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I really need to eat more lobster. :)

Glad to hear from you, and thanks for writing it up with some meat on it. (no pun intended). It's good to hear the details.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

might have to organise some time off work sometime in the next couple of months

gf's band going on tour and she wants me to come along

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Not something I did, but something I nearly missed.. but today marks the 51st year since Yuri Gagarin became the first human in space..

And apparently last year the UN marks 12 April as "International Day of Human Space Flight"

Not something I did, but something I nearly missed.. but today marks the 51st year since Yuri Gagarin became the first human in space..

And apparently last year the UN marks 12 April as "International Day of Human Space Flight"

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

There was a movie that had a joke in it, not sure if it was an actual Russian one, that said Gagarin wasn't the first, he was just the first that came back down alive. Still, huzzah for Yuri.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Last night my wife dropped her Ipad. Somehow it ended up catching the corner perfect and totally shattered the screen. She was very upset, so we drove over to the nearby Apple store (about 30 minutes away.) There was a line to get into the store. When we reached the front, she showed her Ipad to the gatekeeper. The gatekeeper said we need to schedule an appointment with a tech to diagnose the problem. I exclaimed that the problem was pretty obvious. She then told me it was like a doctors office. I walked out shaking my head.

So we waited two hours for our appointment. When it came, the tech said it was broken and it would be $250 for a new one. It took him 5 seconds to "diagnose" the problem. Thank you Genius Bar.

I hate Apple.

• Like 2

Quote of the day that kind of amuses me..

"As an officer, the job is to fullfill the mission objectives and kill as few of your command as possible.

As an NCO, the job is to fullfill the mission objectives and keep the men alive.

It's not so much semantics, as a shift in perspective."

Last night my wife dropped her Ipad. Somehow it ended up catching the corner perfect and totally shattered the screen. She was very upset, so we drove over to the nearby Apple store (about 30 minutes away.) There was a line to get into the store. When we reached the front, she showed her Ipad to the gatekeeper. The gatekeeper said we need to schedule an appointment with a tech to diagnose the problem. I exclaimed that the problem was pretty obvious. She then told me it was like a doctors office. I walked out shaking my head.

So we waited two hours for our appointment. When it came, the tech said it was broken and it would be $250 for a new one. It took him 5 seconds to "diagnose" the problem. Thank you Genius Bar.

I hate Apple.

A glorious victory for 'superbly' 'engineered' corporate procedure. :skeptical:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I hate Apple.

Heh, and if you check my comment in the Books thread.. Apple are currently facing lawsuit by the DoJ for allegedly price-fixing ebooks..

I have that stupid "Han Solo I'm Han Solo" song stuck in my head and find myself seriously considering getting an Xbox just for the Kinect dance thingie. The dancing/learning popular dances that way looks like fun.

Someone slap me. :biggrin:

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I hate Apple.

Heh, and if you check my comment in the Books thread.. Apple are currently facing lawsuit by the DoJ for allegedly price-fixing ebooks..

European trade commission was already investigating them for that. heh US is kind of slow.

I wonder what this means for the agency model. Or if it's just how they used the agency model.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I had a geeky weekend and we were chilling at friends place, his girlfriend decided to both make us treat and make a statement.. I guess she thinks we play too much.. heh

(it's an epic cake btw, it's creamcheese with powdered sugar on the outside and on the inside it had a creamy ring around the center which was heart shaped)

post-5477-0-21669200-1334528688_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Spent $100 more than I wanted to spend on a TV. And it's not even larger than I wanted. :(

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So apparently the dishwasher has sprung a leak... So the joys of dealing with that.

Seems to be a day of hard chills hitting around here, so firmly on the hot cup of tea and keep near the radiators for added warmth..

Hm, and keeping a half-eye on the trial over in Norway. Some things do make you shake your head in disbelief at times.

Hm, and keeping a half-eye on the trial over in Norway. Some things do make you shake your head in disbelief at times.

I'm shaking my head at the publicity they are giving that lunatic, and wincing in anticipation of multiple copycats because of it.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Anders Behring Breivik judge dismissed for Facebook death penalty call.

A really interesting line in that article, the maximum sentence he can receive is only 21 years! A little over three months per murder. He will be released at the relatively young age of 54.

Here in the U.S. theres is kind of a double edged sword wrt being considered insane during the commission of a crime. If you do a crime while "sane" then you simply do your time and get out. However, if you are considered insane and sent to an asylum then they can hold you indefinately until they deem you sane. See John Hinkley whos been in an asylum since 1981 for attempted murder whereas a normal sentence for attempted murder (if my Google-fu didnt fail me) is 6-14 years with time off for good behavior. I dont know if its the same in Norway but if so, no wonder Anders is fighting to be considered sane.

Yeah it's not proportional to the crime, but that's Norwegian law. They found him sane is what I heard, which means he will be out in 21 years. He's not contesting guilt, appart from saying he did it to save Norway from Islamism and liberals, so the trial is one giant waste of time.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Spent $100 more than I wanted to spend on a TV. And it's not even larger than I wanted. :(

:lol: That sort of thing happens to me all the time with certain things, like TV's. Usually it's because I bring it home and I hate the color tones once it's in my house, or something. Or the stand is garbage, or whatever.

Today I sat in the sun, petting a cat. It's quite meditative. But now it's time to do a store run.

Me:Anything you need, dear?

Hubs:Coffee, I'm out of coffee.

Me:Nothing else?

Hubs:The question was what do I need.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Anders Behring Breivik judge dismissed for Facebook death penalty call.

A really interesting line in that article, the maximum sentence he can receive is only 21 years! A little over three months per murder. He will be released at the relatively young age of 54.

Here in the U.S. theres is kind of a double edged sword wrt being considered insane during the commission of a crime. If you do a crime while "sane" then you simply do your time and get out. However, if you are considered insane and sent to an asylum then they can hold you indefinately until they deem you sane. See John Hinkley whos been in an asylum since 1981 for attempted murder whereas a normal sentence for attempted murder (if my Google-fu didnt fail me) is 6-14 years with time off for good behavior. I dont know if its the same in Norway but if so, no wonder Anders is fighting to be considered sane.

Yeah, it's funny, yet there was a public outroar in Norway when he was found insane on the first round. I don't think most people who don't work in the system realise the upside of the indefiniteness, or the fact that at least in the Nordic countries, the asylums for criminally insane are A LOT grimmer than prisons. For the record, Norway is pretty alone in not carrying a life sentence; even if, say, Finland paroles most life convicts at less than 15 years, some people do wind up spending a lot longer there.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif