What you did today

Rosbjerg

I took the dogs back to Jackson yesterday. The house is so quiet without them. It feels wrong. I'm packing up today and heading back south of the border on Sunday. I'll see you guys when I get home next month.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I took the dogs back to Jackson yesterday. The house is so quiet without them. It feels wrong. I'm packing up today and heading back south of the border on Sunday. I'll see you guys when I get home next month.

Take care GD.

Hope you packed ammo and knives.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't think people understand just how miniscule the chance of winning really is.

Sure we do. It's not about the odds of winning tho...it's the social fun of being able to joke about maybe winning. And the daydream. Most people don't expect to win on Vegas slot machines either (if you "break even" you're doing well), but it doesn't stop them from sitting on those stools playing when they visit. It's just a fun way to spend your spare cash sometimes, like any other pursuit (unless you're a gambling addict, which is another story). I rarely play the lottery...most people I know only play when the jackpot gets big. It's just a fun lark. And if on some off chance you did win...well, as they say...wouldn't that be nice.

And today....the sun came out again. Wonder if that'll last. This afternoon will largely be filled with chores while waiting for Game of Thrones.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Basic admin. Then out for some phys. Did mainly willstopming, plus a little jog, but the jogging hurt like hell so I went back to stomping. Not too bad. Plus tried - and actually succeeded - in doing 100 sit-ups in one block. Bloody weird. I must have cheated somehow, but I can't work out how.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Beginning to look forward to some days off around Easter. I feel like a banana that has taken a beating... only held together by my skin :banana:

Crossing fingers and hoping for some nice weather, then go for a ride up along the east coast for a bit. Time to see the Sunshine Coast.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Tried sorting through my pen collection, but couldn't manage to throw any out. Damn, I'm a pen hoarder now - have four coffee mugs full of them!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Put together (another) version of my dissertation I'm comfortable sending out (have a log of 4 15-minute corrections I can't do at the moment, checking that every URL for electronic references is working and up to date and doing the index). Hopefully I'll get green-lit so I can send this off to the publisher and be done with it.

Meanwhile, at work, after an essentially unslept night about to do a memo on a rather complex multilayer (international, european and national levels) legislative project. S'gonna be aaaawesome!

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Misinterpreted a sprintf call, got the resulting %s^%s as the opposite of what was intended, forgot as we use a stack based language, it was backwards and that carried through my analysis and I got confused and wasted time as a result. Amaze myself every day!

Mr. Grey is now an outdoor cat. He likes the sun and the little box home I made for him, but he doesn't wander far from the backdoor. I don't think he's even tried to hop a fence yet. He still refuses to eat dry food tho, making feeding him outside still a chore. But at least he's not peeing/pooping on my carpet/floor. :p

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well hope none of you go and kill yourselves. Rather nice day, will try to enjoy the sunshine and my lack of dying and ignore the clients who I'm fantasizing about murdering on an hourly basis.

Edited by Malcador

Yeah, got a bit better later on. Didn't get any work done, but happily don't have anything too urgent right now.

Haven't been overtly depressive in a long time, but I have been having a lot of signs of latent depression. Ah well...such is life. One reason to have a cat/larger pet. They are always good for a feel-good snuggle! Or, for smaller pets, a feel-good giggle at their overall cuteness/silly behavior.

Failing that...YouTube funnies. I think one of the best things about the internet has been YouTube funnies. Especially when it's 2am.

If my career was an airplane flight then the little fasten seatbelt lights would have turned on with a muted 'ping' noise, and a reassuring sounding captain would be burbling something about turbulence. While the airhostesses would be mincing about with barely concealed anxiety.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Haven't been overtly depressive in a long time, but I have been having a lot of signs of latent depression. Ah well...such is life. One reason to have a cat/larger pet. They are always good for a feel-good snuggle! Or, for smaller pets, a feel-good giggle at their overall cuteness/silly behavior.

Failing that...YouTube funnies. I think one of the best things about the internet has been YouTube funnies. Especially when it's 2am.

Icanhascheezeburger can be good for the occasional laugh, chuckle and awww! too sometimes.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I seem to be having a bunch of vivid, re-occuring dreams that mash up a bunch of sci-fi / conspiracy theory / pulp adventure stories all together the past few nights. Which is a little weird.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Today I yanked the cable from my guitar at an angle by mistake, making the... connecting-bit that holds the input jack fly out. So then the input jack, obviously still inside the guitar, slips away from the hole made for it and is lost somewhere within the guitar body, a solid block of hollow-bodied wood with no points of access. Cue an hour of lying on the floor rattling the guitar upside down trying to make the input jack come back out the hole, pulling it out with my nails only for it to pop back in, then trying with two hands to hold up the guitar still, pull the input jack out of the tiny hole, and fix the connecting-thing back in the jack without pushing it in the hole. I've succeeded, but only at the price of a rather poor job where the whole thing rattles loose all the time. I'm afraid to try again lest I lose it inside the body again.

So yeah, a nice day! :facepalm:

So, first time at the gym in almost two years, and first time ever being trained by my cousin's ex-NCAA sprinter husband. I'm going to be so sore tomorrow I'm afraid I won't get out of bed. :w00t: