RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

im fully expecting guild wars 2 to be good, just like the original was when it came out. that said, graphically, why does the sequel not look any better than the original?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

"And no, I don't make a habit of bashing every game. It's just when I do it, I do it with lots of whining and crying in every thread on the board."

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

First Syndicate review online

...and it sucks. Was nice knowing you Starbreeze. Now keeping an eye on Machine Games.

Edit: And another disappointing review

Gametrailers gives it a whopping 8.2. Can't tell how they comment on it because my speakers just died, but it looks like nothing I would bother with.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

First Syndicate review online

...and it sucks. Was nice knowing you Starbreeze. Now keeping an eye on Machine Games.

Edit: And another disappointing review

Gametrailers gives it a whopping 8.2. Can't tell how they comment on it because my speakers just died, but it looks like nothing I would bother with.

I think your speakers were trying to save your sanity. I watched the first 5.5 minutes and had quit out of sheer boredom. I shiver by the thought of having to sit through the entire game :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

In the first place... the original setting and gameplay could've progressed into something really nice if the franchise reboot was handled with care and respect. Alas it was not, so I don't believe anyone is particularly is interested in it anymore for other reasons than having mediocre shooter experience. But that's just my opinion.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

I still don't get it why anyone was even intrested in Syndicate in the first place.

Some of us think there are too few games in "Bladerunner" type settings :)

The original was one of my favourite games on the Amiga

Edit: Doesn't hurt either, that I like squad based tactical combat games.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

hmmm, judging by that gametrailers review it's a good game. kind of like that Shadowrun FPS. I'll probably pick it up when the price drops a bit

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Some of us think there are too few games in "Bladerunner" type settings :)

The original was one of my favourite games on the Amiga

Edit: Doesn't hurt either, that I like squad based tactical combat games.

Yes, the original one was a great game. Don't think this new one shares much with that game though.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Well, here's hoping it bombs and takes the studio with it. Wonder if the game is chock full of annoying dubstep too, hmm. Mind you, I'll have to play it now, don't play enough bad games.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, here's hoping it bombs and takes the studio with it. Wonder if the game is chock full of annoying dubstep too, hmm. Mind you, I'll have to play it now, don't play enough bad games.

Wait, what? Because of one "bad" game you want an entire studio to go under? Not to mention the same studio who did Riddick and Darkness 1?

Sorry, thats kinda dickish.

That's the spirit, son. And this is exactly why EA will keep pushing out garbage like this, because no matter how much people complain and "threaten" not to ever buy anything ever again from them, they do.

Hm, well I can't very well tell you why your argument is invalid in this case, here.

Also Witcher 2 sold 1.1 million

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That's the spirit, son. And this is exactly why EA will keep pushing out garbage like this, because no matter how much people complain and "threaten" not to ever buy anything ever again from them, they do.

Hm, well I can't very well tell you why your argument is invalid in this case, here.

Ah, resorting to piracy then. I understand now.

Ah, resorting to piracy then. I understand now.

Got it in one, skippy.

The GW2 models don't look that ugly for a MMO-type game.