Updated Forums

The Guildmaster

This is new and.. interesting. I guess it takes a few days to get used to.

It's a little funny with all these buttons I get so distracted by wanting to push them all that it's very hard to focus on anything else.. What was I saying, erm.. Well, okay, there aren't really that many buttons, but they are so colourful and fresh that my optic nerve blur out anything in the background..

Hi everyone,

Today we upgraded our forums which now include a lot of features you have come to know and love on other, more modern boards.

Hey yourself.

I thought the old one was pretty modern itself, but maybe I am just getting old.

I notice that there is a view changer on top.. Regular view, basic view, I wonder would it be possible to add an Old view? Insert smilie here, but they seem to work atm or maybe it's just the quick reply.. no it's the same with More reply options.. Try different browser, not IE8 perhaps, hm, maybe later.

(Signatures: disabled) 

why add so much information to the left column? Gender, Interests etc. would it be too much to ask to remove everything except the avatar, title and location?

and where do I disable signatures...

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

why add so much information to the left column? Gender, Interests etc. would it be too much to ask to remove everything except the avatar, title and location?

and where do I disable signatures...

On the upper left click on the symbol for "basic view"

On the upper left click on the symbol for "basic view"

holy crap, that's too basic, I can't be expected to pay attention to people's names. I usually identify posters by avatars ;)

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I liked the old ones, they were simple.

Now I can't just go around hitting the same button for every post I want to respond to, and there's the giant green "LIKE THIS" button, and it just feels like there's a lot of unnecessary schlock on here.

Who here keeps an actual blog that we might actually use the "Blog This!" button?

Also, the quote blocks and buttons seem to take up a LOT more room than previously, but that might just be the color scheme slapping me in the face.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Welcome to "modern", where ego-boosting functions and blogs take precedent over functionality and slickness.

I can't see anything from the old boards I miss now though, so...

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I'm pretty sure this is Xenforo, which a lot of companies use to run their forums.

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I'm pretty sure they're still using IP.Board.

• Like 1

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

This forum template currently overwhelmed me from design point of view and stuff. Will need some time for me to get used to it.

Also I noticed that I don't have any access to the blogs anymore. "[#1062] You have no permission to view the Blogs" Not cool.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Ah I see. A bit bad, because Chris posted something in his blog the day the forum went down. :p

Something else: Is it somehow possible to totally disable the WYSIWYG editor? I'd like to punch in my posts in plain text, not with this button clickery. :> Didn't found anything about it in my profil settings right now. (Due to this, my Firefox plugins for "make marked text into link" etc. doesn't work anymore and I am so much used to it.)

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Something else: Is it somehow possible to totally disable the WYSIWYG editor? I'd like to punch in my posts in plain text, not with this button clickery. :> Didn't found anything about it in my profil settings right now. (Due to this, my Firefox plugins for "make marked text into link" etc. doesn't work anymore and I am so much used to it.)

Top left button on the editor. Toggle editing mode. You probably have to click it everytime you post, but it's there.

When I hit the small "SignIn" key/lock icon at the top of the page, the forum does a little blip up there like it wants to do something, but doesn't. I had to click the "Sign In" (or Register now!) text link that's among all the "Hello welcome to the forums" intro at the top (when not logged in). I turned off the 'block popup windows' option (Firefox 8) thinking that might be it, but it still didn't work.

Don't care about liking posts. :p

I also miss how the old forum could/did fill up my whole browser window, instead of being a column in the middle with empty space columns on the side. (not that this is important...heh)

Edit: I logged out and suddenly the login icon at top of page worked, tossing up the extra window to type in your stuff. Strange. Maybe because first time I logged into the new forums? Anyway....I'll see if it still works later. Maybe it's my cookie settings or something, too.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts