Why did we try to play God?

Walsingham

Baby born with no blood survives thanks to medics.

Any other modern miracles in mind?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hmmm, choices:

1. Well, I was born.. No wait, that probably counts as a disaster. Ahem.

2. I presume that the reference to playing God comes from trying to create life by unnatural means, rather than restoring an existing one to full health.

3. People have died through the ages of all kinds of reasons and diseases, that seems quite silly today. The cure, which was sometimes as simple as just washing your hands, came from a greater knowledge and understanding and often by chance. Working to improve hygiene and public health hardly seems like playing God, unless that's what it's all about, but it has the same effect sometimes.

4. Because 'we' (someone else) can't help but try to fix all kinds of problems. Insert something about human ingenouity..

5. Erm.. wait, is the intention of this thread to list 'miraculous' events, rather than answering the question?

Hummmm.. Can't decide. Need a five sided dice. Play later. ;( (<- only smilie working atm, limits my choices)

(Signatures: disabled) 

I t was really supposed to be a sort of celebration of the event, and the power of mankind over nature.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Bend/break, schmiel. :)

-Elwood Blues