Goodbye Rajani?

I have played DS3 with all 4 different characters and at different difficulty levels.

I think it is a really great game but the difficulty of beating Rajani has almost ruined

my pleasure from the game. Only once have got past Rajani and this is not acceptabler!!

One other person that I know had the same problem and in shear frustiration did

consign his game disc to his dustbin! Also it would appear that the only character

with any chance of beating Rajani is Anjali this makes playing the game an

exercise in FRUSTRATION!! Maybe I will try once more but I doubt it.

Keldarxx

You're having difficulty even on the easiest difficulty settings?

I've found that just rolling around and occupying her attacks while my companion takes shots at her works best, then getting in the odd shot or two after she's already unleashed her special attack. It also shouldn't be too difficult to anticipate when she's about to attack. When she does that fire thing, you can see it forming before it actually does damage to you. So just roll out of the way when you see it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I found this really frustrating on hardcore. I've completed the game as Lucas, Katrina and Reinhart on normal (with the expansion) and not really had any problems - died about 10 times in total. Hardcare just makes most of the bosses/some named characters incredibly tedious though. Turns into a 15 minute kitefest and Rajani is extremely irritating. The first part is relatively simple once you get the technique right. So you have to go through all of that only to get immediately killed by the second part. My AI partner pretty much lies on the floor throughout the fight.

It's a shame Obsidian went down the walking tank route on hardcore. General mobs are still interesting and dangerous, the bosses are just silly though. It feels like you have to find the one single exploitable weakness or lose, then keep doing that for what feels like forever... and of course if you get stuck dodging into the edge of some scenery get ready to reload...

Dodge the lightspots and the flames. In most boss fights its all about dodging like a maniac. The middle area seems the safe spot. Katarina can just stand there and spin in whichever direction she pops up. With Lucas I just used the heal with life absorb and got in her face and out healed her damage (unlikely to work on hardcore). With Reinhart I just used geometry of annihilation and planted clockwork traps on areas she might appear.

The most difficult part of the battle is the field itself. It's small and littered with obstacles. Once you get the hang on it, it's not that bad. I found teleporting Jeyne far more annoying,you need split second timing to roll under her teleport charge (as Katarina). That build was a bit on the delicate side though (my first) the ones that stack healing have had it much easier all around.

I'm not looking forward to playing as Katarina. That's the one character I haven't finished the game as, mainly because I fear I'm going to get owned using her against the tougher bosses.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

• 1 month later...

I find Reinheart the easiest in terms of kiting.

I just teleport around the place to avoid adds and boss whether it be rajani or teleporting jeyne at spire. I lay down enhanced geometry and teleport around the large aoe of it. The risk of placing clockwork traps is high, most late bosses or "sister" bosses can pretty much 1 combo KO you even on normal depending on your setup even with Shield :S. I enhance my Geometry of Annilation with 4 points slow and 1 point for extra duration. I also lower his cooldowns and extra power regen when he crits and for me somehow, geometry crits alot of 200-300s even on bosses. I try to throw in lightnings every now and then because they crit for like almost 2k damage which is nice :3.

Other than that is Geometry> Shield> Focus Regen> Health over Time> Teleport > Teleport > Repeat

I normally save the Heal until I really need it and Power is not an issue if you get the Power regen through criticals through talents.

My part is mainly using Lucas because of his high sustainability and he ususally takes no damage or regen so fast from lifesteal or no damage from talents compared to the other two ladies =P. The only time he died alot was in the Old Gent Dapper Boss fight where he always stand in the lightning that dealt tons of damage.