I want ALPHA PROTOCOL 2 or similar videogame! Please!

Obsidian try to convince SEGA, or create a similar project for Alpha Protocol for another publisher.

For me, Alpha Protocol is one of the most brilliant ideas you had, instead of promoting NEW VEGAS who genuinely is really ugly, you make a new Alpha Protocol 2 or similar game, so why miss a game platform in the market VG.

In italy there are so many kids waiting for a sequel to this game, because the only defects were:

-the graphics, animations and camera view a little jerky.

the rest was simply divine.

• Like 4

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yes.. and make it a Kickstarter project! original.gif

I read that AP cost something in excess of 8 million to make. I doubt that much could be raised via crowdfunding.

well but maybe raise 4 million with crowdfunding and then more 4 million with company funding

I would kill for AP2. :( It was this game that brought me to these forums the first time, to find out if there were others who couldn't understand the hate for this game. Oh, and if anyone's wondering, that is a serious offer to kill someone if AP2 were offered as payment... :skeptical:

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I would kill for AP2. :( It was this game that brought me to these forums the first time, to find out if there were others who couldn't understand the hate for this game. Oh, and if anyone's wondering, that is a serious offer to kill someone if AP2 were offered as payment... :skeptical:

Going to try to find a target for you :)

Is the offer valid outside the US?

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Alpha Protocol is one of the finest RPG-experiences I've ever had. While the gameplay itself usually was little more than "OK", the way the game handled characterisation, dialogue, and the whole choice & consequence formula, are nigh-unparalleled. It's sad that it was not a more commercial success, of course, but then again, aren't many of our masterpieces often overlooked not only in this day and age, but throughout history?

• Like 3

Going to try to find a target for you :)

Is the offer valid outside the US?

I'm British so I'm already outside the US anyway. :) As long as you pay for the flight (first clas I ain't that cheap!)  and hotel rooms I'll go anywhere...

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Who wouldn't?

Except for the ones bashing AP without playing it of course for reasons beyond human comprehension...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

• 7 months later...

Maybe we fans should be telling Sega direct!

Yes. In front of their HQ with pitchforks and torches.

I hate companies that hold an IP hostage even though the creators would be interested in making a sequel (or so I understand).

Edited by Aoyagi

• 2 weeks later...

AP was a fantastic game actually. Mechanically it was ok bordering on really good. But we all know that.

Story wise it was fantastic, and RPG mechanics were excellent. I loved the story and dialogue. We all know obsidian can write, but their range and skill really showed in this one. Clearly outside of their normal territory they crafted an immense diverse story that hooked me from go.

If not a specific sequel I would love to see an RPG crafted in the spy thriller setting again. Heck make it in the style of an IE game, the story and setting would still rock and you could do some really neat things with that setup.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm British so I'm already outside the US anyway. :) As long as you pay for the flight (first clas I ain't that cheap!)  and hotel rooms I'll go anywhere...

I always forget that you are you, the fellow Teasman from that time when hanging out on the Bioware forum was not associated with wierd alien erotic fetishes.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just read the pillars forum (backer) and saw this forum so I had to come here and post that AP is one of my favorite RPGs.

I had the most epic conversational "confrontations" in any video game and I loved the modern spy setting. A true gem.

yes.. and make it a Kickstarter project! original.gif

I read that AP cost something in excess of 8 million to make. I doubt that much could be raised via crowdfunding.

well but maybe raise 4 million with crowdfunding and then more 4 million with company funding

I'm not quite sure people understand why AP2 can't be made.

Obsidian does not own it.

That being said, I hope the next Kickstarter is Not Alpha Protocol 2.

Aside from the point Bryy made above... AP definitely did not cost 8 million. 4 million is peanuts in the game's industry. You really think AP's fund was peanuts x2?

Not bloody likely.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Aside from the point Bryy made above... AP definitely did not cost 8 million. 4 million is peanuts in the game's industry. You really think AP's fund was peanuts x2?

Not bloody likely.

If the quote was "in excess of", I'd tack at least two more million on to that.

• 1 year later...

I'm glad they never made AP an action game with RPG elements. If Mike had no skills with a gun category, he would suck using them. I like it that way, a proper action RPG. It could've been polished a bit and the invisibility/regenning armour were out of place. Oh and the AI reaction to alarms/bodies was amusing. But I would be all over a sequel like red on a Ferrari.