Gaming Mouse and Keyboard

Maria Caliban

Well, I have to replace my keyboard with a proper one soon.. and since until that pint of tea got splashed over, I was using a combined logitech wireless mouse & keyboard, I should probably replace the mouse.

.. And my headphones broke so I need to get a decent pair.

Damn it. that's going to eat up budget if I don't get cheap stuff that will need replacing in a few months.

I'm actually looking at the Qpad Mk-80 Pro Gaming keyboard.. chunky, heavy, cherry mx blue mechanical switches and the usb hub and audio ports. But that is around

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well, I have to replace my keyboard with a proper one soon.. and since until that pint of tea got splashed over, I was using a combined logitech wireless mouse & keyboard, I should probably replace the mouse.

.. And my headphones broke so I need to get a decent pair.

Damn it. that's going to eat up budget if I don't get cheap stuff that will need replacing in a few months.

I'm actually looking at the Qpad Mk-80 Pro Gaming keyboard.. chunky, heavy, cherry mx blue mechanical switches and the usb hub and audio ports. But that is around

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I've never been that fussy about keyboards, right now I'm using a Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 and it's fine, I quite like the low action keys, mice drive me to desperation though, so many stupid button configurations and the DPI wars are a joke, I keep trying expensive mice only to find they don't track on anything other than premium UFO skin from the Roswell crash o:)

I've settled on a Logitech M500 for now but even this mouse suffers from a reallly dumb design decision, you need the precision of a surgeon to middle click without accidentally sidescrolling, so I need to keep the Logitech software installed simply to disable sidescrolling in web browsers...

About once a year I get angry enough to smash my keyboard with my tiny fists. Hence my decision to now use cheaper keyboards and replace them. I actually prefer the slightly clunky feel, and there's no point the keyboard being faster than my own human reactions, so gaming isn't an issue.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

About once a year I get angry enough to smash my keyboard with my tiny fists. Hence my decision to now use cheaper keyboards and replace them. I actually prefer the slightly clunky feel, and there's no point the keyboard being faster than my own human reactions, so gaming isn't an issue.

Heh, well my previous keyboard - before it got submerged - was around 3-4 years old. And had seen enough use that the majority of the keys had been worn down so you couldn't read them. Made a nice bonus security feature..since no-one else in the family could remember a qwerty keyboard layout that easily.. >_<

So I like the idea of something really solid that will last. Not something I'll have to replace repeatedly.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Ok so I fell into the Logitech trap again because they were at the store and the old one died. It's a cordless g700. I presume I need some kind of wireless port on the computer to get it to work without the cord. There was no USB dongle thing in the package. What PCI card do I get ?

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

As long as it's just your keyboard you ruin.. I have a disturbing number of broken monitors on my rapsheet.. I have been trying to break the habit especially because the bigger monitors are so much more fragile than I thought, the first one I barely touched it, just a soft punch, I was shocked, but it took me two broken 26" to fully realize just how more fragile they are than 22 inchers.. I had actually decided not to break more than the one, but I just couldn't contain more than a year of repressing my urges. I never used to care much about it, because broken is broken and bothering about them isn't going to fix them besides it was really quite a gratifying experience each time, don't ask, but the big monitors are just so much more expensive and the old resolutions of 16:10 is getting more rare.. I am afraid that the realisation has gone a bit too far, because I even have nightmares about busting my screen occassionally. Now I have invented an arm-strap to limit the reach of my arm and it has already helped me a lot sleeping. I wish I had thought of that a few years or $3000 ago.. I could have had myself a really cool graphics card instead of making constant monitor replacement purchases.

Since I switched from optics to laser I have had quite a few mice like the Logitech G5 and the Ikari Steelseries, but I really prefer the A4-Tech X7 model, because it's big enough for my hand and the wire is not too stiff and heavy unlike the Logitech G5, which really carry a lot of weight behind it. I had a MSI X7 at some point which had such a soft and light, but incredible sturdy wire, that it felt completely like a wireless mouse. The X7 from A4-Tech is unfortunately a bit more sturdy, but nowhere as bad as the G5. The Ikari Steelseries was really too expensive and smooth for such a cheap rattling plastic mouse, quite a paradox. It was a pretty nice, responsive and smooth mouse, but it was really too small for my hands and it was a really poor and cheap production with the wheel making a cheap plastic rattling sound when it brushed against the house. Unfortunately the Ikari was also to smooth for me to get a good grip.. I have noticed that I have a tendency to lift the mouse and the Ikari just slip through my fingers. The X7 on the other hand has a nice button on the bottom, which disables the mouse on lifting. Really nice and cool feature. The X7 also have a triple-click X-Fire button, which is actually quite usefull for other things not related to gaming.

Keyboard wise the constant replacements is more of a problem as I see a trend towards smaller, cheaper and crampier keyboards that change the layout too much, at least in the supermarket.. Once I got the Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800 keyboard I realized how much my hands rely on spaces between groups of keys to navigate in blind.. I was totally lost on that keyboard. The Wired 600 is more traditionally in the layout, but the function keys (f1 to f8) are so small and indented that my fingers are still baffled about what the heck they are feeling.. The only real gaming keyboard I have tried is the Microsoft Sidewinder X6, but the extra column of function keys on the left side just confuse my hands too much.. Besides the space between the A key and the Caps lock is too narrow for me. It was really nice to have a keyboard with light in the dark, but..

I can't recommend any mouse, but I would definitely recommend trying before buying.. The same for keyboards.

(Signatures: disabled) 

Interesting point, Janmanden. I wonder what the respect variances in size are for keyboards and the human hand.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.