Gaming Mouse and Keyboard

Maria Caliban

Click-click-click-click-click.

I've had my current Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard for about five years now. I've worn off the WASD keys, the space bar doesn't want to always respond, and my mouse is dying on me. I strongly suspect that this is because of my gaming. As Diablo III is coming out sometime 2012, and ought to be an utter click-fest, I'd like recommendations for a gaming mouse and keyboard.

Durability is good. The mouse needs to have at least five buttons.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Do you want a wireless set? If not, I recommend daskeyboard (there's with and without blank keys) and the Mionix Naos 3200. However, these aren't the ones I actually own. My mouse is actually the Logitech G500, which is great as well. My board is nondescript and really old.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I don't care if it's wireless or not.

Thanks for the links.

Edit: The Mionix Naos 3200 doesn't seem to be available at New Egg, Walmart, Frys, or Tiger Direct. Perhaps it's no longer available.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I have a logitech k200 which is surprisingly good, and about 8 quid.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Logitech g500 as well, although when that dies from **** buildup in the cracks between the buttons as laser mice are wont to do I will go with another brand. Logitech bundles their drivers with customer surveys and throw a nag screen at you untill you register the product. I don't truck with that, even if the mice are very good.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I don't care if it's wireless or not.

Thanks for the links.

Edit: The Mionix Naos 3200 doesn't seem to be available at New Egg, Walmart, Frys, or Tiger Direct. Perhaps it's no longer available.

I had trouble finding it for sale here in Portugal, which is why I don't actually own it. Here you go:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=m...ved=0CEsQxBUwAA

I found the extra bit that allows you to rest your two rightmost fingers great. Very ergonomic.

There's also the Mionix Naos 5000 which appears to be the same with more DPI and more monies required.

Heja Sverige!!

Do you want a wireless set? If not, I recommend daskeyboard (there's with and without blank keys) and the Mionix Naos 3200. However, these aren't the ones I actually own. My mouse is actually the Logitech G500, which is great as well. My board is nondescript and really old.

The DAS Keyboard is worth its weight in gold... and it's darn heavy. Best peripheral investment I've made for a long time (even when almost drowning it in red wine and then putting it in a nice bathtub with lukewarm water to clean it up).

Not sure where to get a good mouse these days. I have an old 5 button Microsoft mouse that I've had for 9 years and dread the day it stops working.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

And it is, probably. Problem is getting it in your local language. Unless you go Ultimate, of course.

Heja Sverige!!

Still don't know what's meant to be so good about that keyboard. Their site just harps on and on about the clicking sound, that's not worth a hundred bucks. Is it good on your wrists? Is it super responsive? What?

I have a random Logitech laser, but the plastic on the bit where I put my thumb sort of... scrapes off, leaving little black stuff on the table. And I'm not a sweaty person, either.

Mechanical keys basically. Byt there are several others that offers the same so there are definitely options. As for gaming, that would depend on what switches are being used. I'm not sure which color does what, but I'm pretty sure the clicking ones aren't all that when it comes to gaming, but still functional. They're more for people who types for a living though.

(I have no personal experience with mechanical switches, just going by what I've read. But I have read a fair amount though)

Unicomp keyboard. They used to manafacture the classic IBM Model M keyboards, and eventually bought the patent for them from IBM. They still make it at the same plant in Kentucky. http://www.pckeyboard.com/

I still use my circa 1993 Model M. Still going strong all these years with no malfunctions. EVER.

For a mouse, I use a Logitech G5 from 2006 and love it. The G500 is its next iteration.

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Is it super responsive? What?

This.

It's the Rolls Royce of keyboards. Only time I've tried something similar was 25+ years ago when I tried a one of those old steam powered computers running CPM. The OS, the floppy and the monochrome amber screen may have sucked, but the keyboard... (gets all misty eyed).

I've heard that there are some high-end IBM keyboards around in a similar quality though.

Edit: Heh, I should have read Leferd's post first.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Still don't know what's meant to be so good about that keyboard. Their site just harps on and on about the clicking sound, that's not worth a hundred bucks. Is it good on your wrists? Is it super responsive? What?

I have a random Logitech laser, but the plastic on the bit where I put my thumb sort of... scrapes off, leaving little black stuff on the table. And I'm not a sweaty person, either.

For reference.

Heja Sverige!!

Since that pint of tea got spilled across my logitech wireless keyboard and killed it.. I've been using an old microsoft egonomic keyboard (that for reasons unknown is a german style keyboard) so whilst the qwerty are where they should be.. all the others aren't.. or mislabelled..

So I'm giving thought to having to get a new one. Looking around at the possibilities of mechanical keyboards.. but they're certainly on the expensive end of it.

Although I suppose picking up the Razer blackwidow standard for around

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm now firmly of the opinion that having a sequence of cheap keyboards is far superior to one expensive one. The expensive ones are high on spec but woefully weak on design. There's no cleverness to them at all. Just slightly better components.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Click-click-click-click-click.

I've had my current Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard for about five years now. I've worn off the WASD keys, the space bar doesn't want to always respond, and my mouse is dying on me. I strongly suspect that this is because of my gaming. As Diablo III is coming out sometime 2012, and ought to be an utter click-fest, I'd like recommendations for a gaming mouse and keyboard.

Durability is good. The mouse needs to have at least five buttons.

My current gaming setup:

Steelseries 6GV2 mechanical keyboard (best for the money, under 100$), Logitech MX510 variant if you have at least medium sized hands and are right handed, Steelseries HD mouse pad of the size that you need.

All of them nigh undestructable. Logitec MX510 comes with a 3 year guarantee. Mouse pad is the last you'll ever buy. Keyboard has letters prone to wearing off, but the cherry mx black keys respond without error after months of heavy abuse and the whole thing is built like a brick.

Do not buy razer Black Widow keyboards or their mice, particularly the newer ones. The quality of their products is falling severely.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Btw. can anyone tell me why my mouse has decided to doubleclick whenever I single click.

Usually a prelude to failure. Replacing the clicking mechanism would definitely work if its under a warranty. Common in cheap mice and for some reason also in Steelseries "gamer" mice.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

I just use the cheapest mouse and keyboard I can find and toss them when they get too battered.

works great. Hard part is finding the cheap ones since most stores would rather sell you the uber-expensive stuff.

Spending lots of money on stuff you're going to work to death anyway is pointless.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I just use the cheapest mouse and keyboard I can find and toss them when they get too battered.

works great. Hard part is finding the cheap ones since most stores would rather sell you the uber-expensive stuff.

Spending lots of money on stuff you're going to work to death anyway is pointless.

You're paying for durability with a mechanical keyboard. If they're made like the old IBM boards without cutting corners (something that we'll just have to see) a single keyboard could last you a lifetime. Its a bit of a gamble, but now that I have such a keyboard I wouldn't use anything else.

As for mice, Logitech MX510 is 20 something dollars and beyond that most mice are a waste of money. That's my opinion after using several very expensive mice over the last half of the decade. Mice peak in performance at that price point, everything else is just marketing and shiny plastic, levels of "DPI" and other crap that don't mean anything to anybody. Unless you find a particular design particularly comfortable in which case its probably worth the money.

My Das arrived today. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

I'm typing with it right now.

Heja Sverige!!

My Das arrived today. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

I'm typing with it right now.

The clicking sound is only second to a blowjob no?

Since that pint of tea got spilled across my logitech wireless keyboard and killed it.. I've been using an old microsoft egonomic keyboard (that for reasons unknown is a german style keyboard) so whilst the qwerty are where they should be.. all the others aren't.. or mislabelled..

So I'm giving thought to having to get a new one. Looking around at the possibilities of mechanical keyboards.. but they're certainly on the expensive end of it.