The funny things thread

Gorth

Hugo Chavez angry at being shot in rather rubbish game: (Guardian)

He went on to say in his broadcast that any games that "bomb cities or just throw bombs," are sold by capitalist countries to sow violence so they can "later sell weapons."

They "promote the need for cigarettes, drugs and alcohol so they can sell them. That's capitalism, the road to hell," he added. Something the thousands of us that became addicted to Buff Out after playing Fallout 3 can probably sympathise with.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Seems a bit contradictory, but it got them on the news, so I guess they succeeded. The Telegraph, to my surprise actually has them entirely en clair.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Seems a bit contradictory, but it got them on the news, so I guess they succeeded. The Telegraph, to my surprise actually has them entirely en clair.

Thanks for that info :brows:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'm guessing he didn't have a permit to camp there. Seriously though, he was resisting arrest. I've seen plenty of these protesters arrested peacefully, they tell you to sit down and put your hands behind your back. Just do it.

3.5/10

Try harder, man.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Actually, I've got to say I was surprised they tasered him. He was unarmed, and simply being shouty. There were three cops there. A good old fashioned collaring seemed in order. I'm beginning to think the objectors were right that tasers and mace are becoming a first resort not second to last.

I'm less clear on the issue of his not being told why he was being arrested. That could easily have happened before the video rolled. He was already pretty agitated.

-Elwood Blues