The funny things thread

Gorth

I dunno, they are deliberately baiting the cops. Nothing wrong with saying 'you get one chance, cut it out'. They are cops, not the royal guards

Royal guards don't act that way, either. It's a myth that might originate with Mr. Bean.

However, bubbles don't match any definition of assault I've borne witness to. Cops can't really go around making laws up.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If it's anything like ketchup, I know the feeling.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

\AtBh1CUCQAMWnsQ.jpg

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Dumb hippy. He explained to her exactly what was going to happen. Don't antagonize the police, yo.

It's bubbles, I don't think it warrants an arrest. That's just excessive.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It's not like she was at some park enjoying herself. She was clearly part of a protest. I'm actually curious if it was even the bubbles that led to the arrest, the camera cuts out and then cuts in later. As for any type of charge, it is most likely an illegal protest and that would be the biggest charge she would face. It's more likely they took her information down and then released her, which is standard procedure for protesters.

edit: When she said "My heart bleeds" am I the only one who wanted to punch her?

Edited by Hurlshot

No, you aren't. Rich kids like her, whining utopian bull****, make me want to establish a police state and go seriously medieval on middle-class leftists.

Edited by Gorth
Language

sonsofgygax.JPG

No, you aren't. Rich kids like her, whining utopian bull****, make me want to establish a police state and go seriously medieval on middle-class leftists everyone.

There, fixed it for you. Edited by Gorth
Consistency with quoted post

It's not like she was at some park enjoying herself. She was clearly part of a protest. I'm actually curious if it was even the bubbles that led to the arrest, the camera cuts out and then cuts in later. As for any type of charge, it is most likely an illegal protest and that would be the biggest charge she would face. It's more likely they took her information down and then released her, which is standard procedure for protesters.

edit: When she said "My heart bleeds" am I the only one who wanted to punch her?

Heh, you do know what they did to scores of people at the G20 right ? Arrested them, detained them in what was essentially a large camp for 24-36 hours with no calls to lawyers, no food/water. So no quick release for her.

That weekend was great to show cops organizationally here as giant wusses, they didn't tangle with people actually breaking/burning things, but when it came to unarmed, peaceful folk then it was time to flex nuts with kettling and general rough treatment. Of course, plenty of dumb sheep believe that they arrested only the rioters and vandals, heh, but then again it seems some people get off on any kind of protestors being put down. *shrug*

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No, you aren't. Rich kids like her, whining utopian bull****, make me want to establish a police state and go seriously medieval on middle-class leftists.

Should we be arguing her or the actions of the cop? There's a bunch of people I don't like but only a few whose job is to repress me.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

You mean you're okay with animal mistreating?

Hate to break it to you Morgoth, but if you've enjoyed a cookie, milk, candy or beef/meat in the recent few days you've probably participated in much worse animal cruelty than that.

Fortune favors the bald.

You're all missing the point, we don't know if the dog decided to wear that costume or was forced to. I for one respect a dog's autonomy and right to choose.

village_idiot.gif