44,000 year old house built by Neanderthals discovered

Humodour

OMG dude from Nazereth totally walked on water.

That ain't even nothing, dude turned water into wine. That party was off the hook!

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Guest The Architect
There's no disputing that god can't be disproven. At least, not the general one that shrinks away from all duties as other explanations come to be known. That is to say, Thor is no longer credited with lightning.

But that's sort of the point. That which cannot be proven, that which is entirely in the realm of speculation with no measurable features, is completely indistinguishable from making **** up. It's Russell's Teapot. Yes, it's possible. It doesn't mean that all unproveable flights of imagination are therefore to go unquestioned.

Well said my friend.

That ain't even nothing, dude turned water into wine. That party was off the hook!

Can fish breath wine? That would be pretty ****ed up if he killed the fish.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If the French drown sparrows in armagnac, I don't see why Jews can't drown fish in wine.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Can fish breath wine? That would be pretty ****ed up if he killed the fish.

Of course he didn't kill the fish, where do you think the phrase "drinks like a fish" comes from? Its biblical.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Wow, it's been an interesting discussion but you guys have really run out of steam. Of course, I'll admit once mister "Anyone-who-disagrees-with-me-is-not-a-person" dropped out it did lose it's troll/comedy appeal.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Wow, it's been an interesting discussion but you guys have really run out of steam. Of course, I'll admit once mister "Anyone-who-disagrees-with-me-is-not-a-person" dropped out it did lose it's troll/comedy appeal.

I'm actually amazed that it stayed fairly civil, considering that this its a religion discussion.

village_idiot.gif

Simple social dynamics, surely. Easiest way to reconnect and get back to the discussion proper is to have a bit where we cleanse the 'palate' with some primo bull****.

Now would be where someone comes back in with a different but serious question.

-Elwood Blues

How do magnets work?

Magnets work exactly as they should.

They are a bit like boobs... with a mysterious attracting property. Comes in all sizes and shapes too.

Very large magnet:

061121giantmagnetbig.jpg

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Please tell me I'm not the only person here trying to imagine a feminine LHC...

EDIT: This is on topic. I'm being a neanderthal.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

The analogy is apt. I want to touch the LHC. Ooooooooh. So mesmerizing.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

How do magnets work?

div B = 0

That's one of the Maxwell Equations, and only describes the Magentic field induced through an electric current.

It's the second law of Maxwell. Break a magnet in two, right between the north and south pole. What will happen?

Also, you are referring to 4th law of Maxwell.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

For the record: I swan about thinking magnetism is something to do with custard.

I get by OK.

-Elwood Blues

• 2 months later...